Railroad Line Refugees Say Hello

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I hope I don’t over step the bounds here on my second post by posting this topic. When RR-Line went down I was actually on it in the middle of posting something, so was I surprised. I had feared all along this would happen. It figures; my luck I get to liking something and it ain’t around long. I was lost as to where I would feel comfortable posting once again. I have told my story of my bad experience on another forum so I was a little out of sorts.

Then I remembered someone talking about another site that many RR-Liners frequented. I could not remember the name but thanks to Rusty Stumps’ website I found it. Once I logged on here I found some familiar names and some different names but I recognize the posters anyway. So I guess I may have found a comfortable place to talk about trains again.

I guess this is my way of saying hello.

C

Catt

Tom,I'm an oldtimer here. Believe me this place is full of real good people. Welcome to the Gauge.:D

Welcome to the Gauge, Tom.

You will find a fair number of the nicer RR-L folk here and a whole bunch of really nice "dyed-in-the-wool" Gaugers here.

Some names you'll recognize are "refugees," as you have called them. Some were members here long before the first trouble began at RR-L earlier in the fall. All in all, I think you'll be pleased with the "atmosphere" here on the Gauge.

Now if you can get ahold of Fassett and steer him this way.... :D :p :)

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
I'm here to say hello to you as well, Tom. Not that you know me as well as the others from RRL, but I've spent time here over the last few months and can assure you this is a real good group of folks with plenty to share.

This is no second banana site to act as a substitute for the RRL. It's a stand up and stand out forum for everyone - all are welcome here, and I know I've been made to feel that way more than once! :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hello to all the "refugees", & welcome aboard!
If ya wanna make a home for yourselves here, we got plenty of room!
I never had the pleasure of visiting RR-Line...sorry I missed it.
This is just about the only place I spend any time on line...if I aint here, I'm probably playin' with trains! :D

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I knew this place felt right. Am I the only former RR-Liner who didn’t know about this place? I guess I need to get out (on the Internet) more often. It is great to see all the familiar "faces". I had come to rely on a few of you for help when I needed it. There were several topics over there that I was involved in that I still had questions for example the paint topic.

Casey Feedwater I liked your old username. It was short. Give me something long to type or remember and I’ll foul it up. MSH I always followed your posts over on RR-Line. You usually asked questions that I also had but just had not gotten around to asking.

Ralph some else who likes the Penn Central. I can’t believe it. The last time I admitted that I was flamed and called a blasphemer.

To the former RR-Liners is there a way to get out the word about here to some of the other posters who do not know about this place? I am thinking about folks like Power Engineer, Yellow Signal, mosslake, coaster1, and you can probably come up with others.

I was also informed by a little birdie that the jug was rescued from the ruins.

Again to all the RR-Liners who are already here and the old-time Guage folks thanks for the welcome.

Rusty Stumps

Originally posted by marty w.
Well - Rusty your just 60 miles north of me.
Welcome!
Marty

Hi Marty,

I've been a member here for a while but under a different name. I forgot my password and the Email address I had used is defunct so I thought I'd start over like a good boy!

Actually I'm in Fishers so I'm about 70 to 80 miles North of you.

Walt:cool:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
N Guager

A fellow Delaware Countian I can’t believe it. I thought I was the only model railroader/railfan from this area in cyberspace. It feels good to have neighbor.

I see you are interested in the Baldwin plant. I was born and raised in Crum Lynne just down the pike from the plant. My grade school was across the street from the plant. Also my father, uncle, and many close family friends work there or at General Steel.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by TomPM
N Guager

A fellow Delaware Countian I can’t believe it. I thought I was the only model railroader/railfan from this area in cyberspace. It feels good to have neighbor.

I see you are interested in the Baldwin plant. I was born and raised in Crum Lynne just down the pike from the plant. My grade school was across the street from the plant. Also my father, uncle, and many close family friends work there or at General Steel.

That's sooo NeeeAT!!!!!! I grew up in Ridley Park - I e-mailed you :) :)

I live across the street from the PECO building now!! LOL

Have you seen my web page???? All about BLW in Eddyrock!!

(click "WWW" button below)

See Yaaaa! :) ~~ Mikey

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Welcome Tom! Glad to have another Pennsylvanian on board... As everyone has stated, you can't find a better bunch of people than HERE. Just spend a few hours, if you have them available, reading thru old threads and you'll see what I mean!:) :D :D :cool: :)

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Yo! Hello all!

I be here now thanks to the good graces of Mr. Bonkyrail. Tom, you and me seem to be the only ones who didn't know this was here! Thanks to all of you for keeping it a secret (why you little... (he, he)...:rolleyes:
Nice site! Wow, I would have been two timin' on the RR-Line if I had known about this one! Hope the locals don't mind if we join in as long as we promise to behave ourselves...:D

Dang, Mike--I had just hit 300 on the other place. Now I gotta' start over to get congratulated. Fortunately, Dave and Wolv are here and a good deal of my posts were cheap shots at them so I should be able to pick up where I left off!:D

Tom

Gotta' get used to this blasted blue screen...:D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Welcome to the gauge I will ask the powers that be about a logging forum for all you sawdust heads.:D

Shamus