progress on my layout

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by viperman, Aug 27, 2006.

1. viperman

viperman Active Member

Ok folks here goes! I finally have two new pictures to show yall of the recent progress. First shot shows an overall view, second shot shows the mock-up of the planned yard. The track to the far right in the yard will be home to an engine house/shop.

2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Cool, Can't wait to see some buildings on there. This is gonna be a cool layout, your doing the lumber theamed layout if I remember corectly?

Which engine shop are you going to use? I like the Walthers Diesel engine shed, and Combat build it and it looks great.

Diesel House -
  3. viperman

viperman Active Member

Yes you remembered correct, I am doing a lumber themed layout.

I did see that diesel shed at the train store yesterday, but it looks to be a 3 bay, and I only have room for a single bay. I've seen a few single bay shops on ebay I like, but haven't bid on any so far
  4. TruckLover

Shoot, who makes a single stall engine shed/shop?
  5. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Look it up on Walthers. You're bound to find SOMETHING like a single shed house there:thumb:
  6. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

YOU DO, out of cardstock! Just follow Robin's example! OR, check out Pikestuff. They've got some great corrugated industrial buildings, one is even an engine shed, I think. Kitbashing one of these down to a single stall shouldn't be tough. Could actually be fun!

Looking great!
  7. Canopus

Canopus Member

That is a whole lot better than what you started out with, I really like what you've done!

But please please please; if you're going to look on Walthers and you find something you like, GOOGLE IT and see if anyone else stocks it cheaper, because Walthers are SO horribly expensive.
  8. TruckLover

Forgot all about Pikestuff, they do make a 2 door engine shop, but it can easly be cut down into a 1 stall shop as you can see from this picture:

Simply cut down the center of the 2 doors on the front and back and then glue the other wall on, how easy is that? Pikestuff comes in kit form just like Walthers so you don't even have to take the thing apart to cut it down. Here is there web site, check it out, you may be able to use some of there other buildings to, they have tons, :thumb: :thumb:
  9. 91rioja

91rioja Member

Pikestuff Modern Small Engine House (Walthers Part No. 541-5000) is a single bay house. I got one for my layout. Cost me all of $10.00
  10. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

11. viperman

viperman Active Member

12. TruckLover

I like that one to one e-bay but will it fit in the space you have? just a thought
  13. viperman

viperman Active Member

Looks like it would, only problem (I think) would be the side building, for which I could just shorten one of the legs in my yard
  14. TruckLover

If you can make it work, that would be a cool one for the shop. I still like the Pikestuff one to + the pikestuff one is a little cheaper :thumb:

Up to you though :D :thumb:
  15. viperman

viperman Active Member

Yeah, I do really like the one from Pikestuff, and it is a little cheaper. I'll probably order that one closer to next weekend
  16. viperman

viperman Active Member

Here are a few pictures of all 2 of my loco's. Yes, I only have 2 (I don't count my older stuff, those are more of toys than anything at the moment).

First is of my Kato SD70MAC from COMBAT's group buy (still have to add the detail parts):

Next is my Athearn GP40-2:

And now for both lashed together:
  17. Amrap1

Amrap1 Member

Very nice looking locos :thumb:

Haven't noticed any new pics of the layout. :wave:

18. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

19. viperman

viperman Active Member

Thanks for the comments! Can anyone tell what roadname I like most?

Amrap, go back a page, and there are a few pics there that are only a few days old. Since then all I've done is lay out some more cork. I've since run out of liquid nails, so I can't proceed with the cork until this weekend when I get more liquid nails. I love that stuff.
  20. Amrap1

Amrap1 Member

Just my opinion.....forget liquid nails! hamr

Elmer's glue does the same job and is WAY cheaper. Seems like over-kill and over-pay to me.

But again.....just my opinion:thumb: