Discussion in 'WarHammer40k' started by terrinecold, Apr 16, 2012.
That's coming out really nice. Thread also moved to 40K section.
thanks for the comment, I should be done with it this WE, then I'll go back to ships, little ones for man o' war and a "Going Merry" cartoon ship from paper replika.
It is from the One Piece anime which my kids love so it will be for them + it's a pretty model
almost done, just the wings to glue to the body.
However among the myriad of defects there is glaring one, the tail is not straight, I think I have to redo it.
Finally done, I redid the tail. When looking closely there are lots of things which could have been done much better but all in all it is nice considering that it is one of my first models, my son is happy and can't wait to show it to his war 40k playing friends (which was not the case of the dreadnought).
Excellent build. Way to make a son happy, and do something you like.
I'm currently working on the same model, it's going well...
I'm adding some reinforcing to the wing (the trickiest part of the model), using pieces of foam trays glued inside; basically foamboard without card, which is a little thinner and, most important, free and widely available (foambord is not a common material in the place where I live).
Now I have to imagine how I have to be build the turret
I did the same thing as you did, the reinforcement I made where in depron which I called foamboard when translating, it is a material for isolation and very cheap, I actually use leftovers from a friend who is using some in his house.
The attachment of the wings to the body is tricky I think I didn't do it correctly. Also I had to redo the tail to make sure it was symetrical.
The storm raven saw its first action today. We played war 40k for the first time with it. It fought well but at one point my son disagreed with a move and tried to grab it from me and the right wing became partially detached (it still held by a bit of glue on the top).
I am reglueing but there need to be another way of attaching it to the body. Specifically it would be good to have a better bond between the engine which is firmly attached to the wing and the body.
I have printed and am going to use the attached parts. They are made from bits of existing parts which are adjacent. The plan is to overlay the existing parts with this which will be used as reinforcements.
OK repair done, the idea was sound but the parts need to be modified slightly as the place they touch in the patch is not the same as on the real part. However it doesn't show much and will do for a game piece as the patch is underneath the wing. In any case it is now much more solid
I've downolad the reinforcement parts and I'll try to use it on my model.
As mentioned the fit is not exact and you may want to tweak them a bit before adding them. I can upload the svg if it is easier to modify.
The Stormraven came out nice. I think I might try it for my first paper project. Unless I can find the Stormeagle somewhere...
I don't think the storm eagle has been done yet.
There are 2 storm raven available, the one I did from Newobmij is good to start, there is a much more complex one by Patoroch I would recommend it for after you have done several projects.
Yeah I figured it would be a little early to find it. The stormraven template I have doesn't have a credit attatched to it but it seems simple enough. There is another one in my long list of things I need to download from depositfiles but there's that blasted time limit on downloads that's making me wait. :/
what is the name of the stormraven template you have? If you take a look at the way the VSTOL Fans or whatever they are at the end of the wings are done, you can see easily if it is the same origin as mine. The same part in Patoroch template is more complex
Great looking model. That's probably going to be my next project and all the tips are going to help alot.
I really need to make instructions for this. The wings are admittedly, a pain. And this is even after two revisions. I've since built five of the things for people, but haven't taken the time to take pics more than halfway through (It's hard to find the time to myself to build a model straight through without interruption).
I don't know if you got hold of the annotations I made to your template but they could be a first step toward instructions.
Separate names with a comma.