as mentioned previously my son started a dreadnought model, later on this WE I found a model which seems to me simpler to build than the one from Patorroch while still being in the War40k universe a StormRaven from Newobmij (I had a hard time hunting it down as I so and liked his blog but couldn't find his templates). Anyway here are some build pictures and some of my remarks. First the kit is nice for beginners as there are glue tabs everywhere and not too much details. Details are nice but when one starts one should be humble. Second there are no instructions, probably because the model is considered to be self explanatory or because newobmij did it for himself so he never needed them. It makes for some nice practice imagining things in 3d, but I think one nice thing would have been to have numbered the parts so one could take notes about the build. Finally I decided to take notes on the pdf of what I understood of the build and what I could do better the next time. I'd like to upload the annotated pdf but I am not sure if I should get newobmij consent first, the problem being that I already sent him a mail asking where to find the templates a few days back and haven't received a reply so I assume I don't have the correct mail. Anyway, here are pics and how is the build going: 1) I found a part which must be most of the main body. it has the side doors, I call it 1 2) I found a part that goes at the bottom of the previous it has the rear door I call it 2 3) I assemble them together. Yeah a main body, see picture. I found another stormraven pdf from newobmij labeled final. It seems to be mostly the same with some reorganizing. In particular parts 1 and 2 are just one part now, well... 4) I found on another sheet what looks like the cockpit and two pieces that go on the side and a bunch of flimsy bits, I call the cockpit 3 and the other 2 4L and 4R, the flimsy bits, no number 5) see picture I managed to attach 4R and the relevant flimsy bits to the body... Had a lot of trouble keeping pressure on the 2 parts for the glue to take hold as the body is not very rigid (it is a big box with no internal supports in 160g/m2 paper. I have an idea to improve. 6) for 4L I am gluing it first to a piece of card which match the white space on 1 where it should go... much easier to keep the pressure and later much easier to glue the part with this backing to the body... I decide to take notes on the pdf and to send them back to the author 7) starting the wings. I see they'll lack rigidity, I have some foam boards 3mm thick (surprise just the right thickness) I decide to laminate that as the solid core of the wings, see pictures That is where we are. I think this hobby is more fun everytime, I also realize how much progress I need to make. I have to applaud the great work of newobmij, while I am impressed by all the model Patoroch they are too advanced for my level I think. We'll finish the dreadnought, I'll post progress so you guys can give me advice or have a good laugh but I'll find some easier ones to practice on first before coming back at them.