I'm very pleased with the general shapes and think they will stay the way they are. So I made some test unfolds which showed that the mesh of the nose was somehow flawed. It exploded into a zillion triangles spread all over the canvas. After reading several tutorials and testing out new scripts I was able to clean it up and to reduce the number of split triangles to a minimum. Then I tried to wrap a texture around the three nose cone parts. This proved more difficult than I expected because SketchUp is not capable of UV mapping operations. There are some scripts which close this gap but the mesh still has some weird areas which makes a clean wrapping impossible. Even the trick to export the model, import it in a special UV mapping application and re-importing it in SketchUp didn't work. So I'll be projecting the texture. I used the first sample texture for another projection test. The result speaks for itself and I think this is how I'll do it.