Launch when ready!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I have to agree, the first CGIs of the fin and wings did not look quite right.

The last CGI does look better.
  2. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

More progress on the dress uniform. At this moment I have applied 18 different texture maps in hi-res. They will be updated as work progresses. Right now it is of top priority for me to apply the textures to the single faces (UV mapping) and to get the panel structure right. Once this has been accomplished the applied maps can be further edited in Gimp, adapted and weathered.

The new pics look a bit different from the previous ones because I have found a very interesting free plugin for SketchUp which is capable to increase the quality of the renderings (POV for SU; many thanks to Rogerio for leading me to the download site! :thumb:). I'm still testing the different settings to achieve even better results.

Stay tuned! :wave:

Attached Files:

Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  3. Rhaven Blaack

This is getting better and better by the moment.

announce1CLEAN UP ON ISLE 9, CLEAN UP ON ISLE 9!!!announce1
  4. Revell-Fan

Thank you! :wave:

Well, and this is my 1,111st post here! :patriot1:
    (I wished it were more meaningful! :mrgreen:)
  5. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Well, with all the ones, you could just be binary positive, or just, well, ....Number ONE!!

RB has a need for tissues too, it seems....

I am LOVING what I am seeing you producing here..... Maybe then, my need for tissues, is slightly different than RB's ........sign1
  6. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Looks Outstanding....and makes me remember watching it oh so long ago ;)
  7. mcusanelli

mcusanelli Member

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this! Absolutely incredible work, sir.
  8. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

DAMN! I mean FRACK, that looks amazing!
  9. sgoti

sgoti Member

This. Is. Going. To. Be. AWSOME! :thumb:
  10. Maverick65

Maverick65 Member

jawdrop Frakking Fab Man jawdrop
  11. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Man, you're getting close to UHU02 standard! Congrats!
  12. Revell-Fan

Thank you all!

(Oh, I've overcome all these ones... Post #1,113 ! :mrgreen: )
  13. Rhaven Blaack

Since we are counting posts now. This will be my 2000th post. What better place to make it then here.

When I first found the Thunder Fighter kit (back in 2009) I thought I had found a VERY WONDERFUL TREASURE from my childhood. Now that You are making this Viper (and as well as you are), all of my wonderful childhood memories are flooding back to when I would watch BSG (TOS) with my mother and how I wanted to actually fly a "REAL" Viper.
    I find it quite interesting that my very first model that I build (when I was 13), was a Viper (made from old cigarette cartons that i had collected from the store that my mother worked at at the time. I remember that the only action figure that I had at the time was a "Star War" Storm Trooper and I made the Viper to fit the action figure.
    Now as an adult (by age only:p), I will soon be able to build a kit of the Viper of this QUALITY!!!
    I feel like a kid in a toy store just waiting for that special toy.

The work that you are putting into this model is setting a VERY HIGH bar.

14. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Second that....
  15. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

16. Revell-Fan

17. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Give him a hand...

Second that!
  18. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Im at of this posting, lol
  19. Revell-Fan

Weak, man. Weak. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  20. Revell-Fan

I'm working on the texture of the engine tubes and just have run into a small dilemma. The number of the red-orange segments differ on various studio models. There are some with three segments on the high engine (when looked at from the side) and four on the side engine, others have four on both engines, others have four on the high engine and five on the side engine. I decided to use the pattern which is more prominent on screen which is four on the high engine and five on side engine.