Launch when ready!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Hi, guys!

I just received word from Joel Owens. This is what he wrote to me:

Thank you, Joel! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  2. imcold

imcold Member

Thanks from me as well, he's done some nice work!
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

:thumb::thumb::thumb: OUT(FRAKKING)STANDING!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
    :thumb::thumb::thumb: HOO-AH!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. Revell-Fan

I just said thank you to him. He'll get a copy of the kit as soon as it is ready. :yep:
  5. ShadowHawk141

ShadowHawk141 Member

Those are very nice gestures from the both of you :thumb:

Your cockpit is gonna look absolutely great with those textures and I have no doubt you will put them right were they belong.

This is going to be a real marvelous Viper.

Great work.

6. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

Can't believe I never noticed this design thread til now, looking fantastic! Can't wait to see the finished product!
  7. sgoti

sgoti Member

I know the original series Vipers, didn't have call signs below the canopy, but perhaps offering Joel a kit with the option of his own personal call sign on it might be an adequate "THANK YOU!"...
  8. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Good idea

That's a very good idea, totally agreed! Maybe "rank", full name and call sign (this one chosen by him, of course)?
    All the best,

9. Revell-Fan

Ahem, not that anyone of you mentioned it... Such a Viper is already on the list and will be released, too. It will become a mix of the classic Mk. I and the Mk. II with call signs, maneuvering thrusters and a slightly different paint scheme, similar to this magnificent build:

I was thinking about taking this one for the Alpha build but I'm not quite sure since there is another paint scheme which has a certain appeal to me...
  10. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

That is a very interesting design-bash/kit-bash for the Viper.
    It would make for an interesting "stepping stone" design. I would say that it would be designated MK-1.5?
  11. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Mmmm. Nice build and finish on that Viper. Pity about the undisguised model truck leaf spring as a greeble............. Please dont tell me that is on the original prop ??????????????????:eek::rolleyes:

R-F, I am starting to turn blue from continuous bated breath, in my excitement to add your model to the top of my build list.......:thumb::mrgreen:

I love the Mk.1 ....

12. Revell-Fan

That's exactly what I thought.
  13. Revell-Fan

You mean that little triangle on the front of the trapezoid shapes beneath the high engine? Yep, it was there all the time... And it will return on this one, too! :twisted:
  14. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  15. Revell-Fan

Oops, that's not in the manual... So please breath again!

announce1 RB, member in distress! Send the MedEVAC Raptor! And close this thread before this mean paper model kills off half the forum! :p

Wait... something's happening... OH NO, the Viper is turning her pointy nose towards me... she's thirsting for blood... and she's charging the weapons... GET DOWN!!!

(Just kidding!)
  16. Revell-Fan

I would not be surprised if it was. The engine hull detailing on the Galactica was tank bodies.
  18. imcold

imcold Member

X-wing had a ship deck on it, I don't see why a part of a truck would be a problem. There were some on Falcon too :D
  19. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

True, but a little better disguised...
    I was always under the impression that model detailers first rule of thumb, is to DISGUISE the source of the greeble........... In this case, it is obviously not so......

Oh well, at least the Viper will have good suspension!!!! sign1
  20. Revell-Fan

Obviously a spare part for the Landram or the Turbobike! :mrgreen:

Just imagine what MacGyver could have done if he had found a crashed Viper..! :cool: