Latest Project

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
My last one. This one scales out at over 160' (N scale of course) and is murder on the curves but it makes it around the layout. I built this one more to plans found on the net, taking modeler's license on the details that were to small to credibly do in N. I really ought to get back to scenery, now!:( :mad: :D

Attachments

• newschn10cr.jpg
    newschn10cr.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 73

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Dick,
dein Schnabelwagen ist fantastisch!

For me this would have been at least a one-month-project - and you scratchbuild such a car in a few days! All I can say is...

WOW! WOWER!! WOWEST!!! :D :D :D

Speaking of scenery: Do you get these monsters through a tunnel? Or do you have to relocate the Rockies? ;)

Ron

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
Ron,

Vielen Dank! My first effort had to be modified because the "load" would not "squeeze" through one of my Unitrack bridges. So, I made careful measurements to be sure the second would work. There is one place on the layout where I have to run on the "wrong" track to be able to negotiate a curve, giving the "dispatcher" some head-aches, otherwise.... all' ist gut!

Dick

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Dick: Sounds just like prototype RRing. I suppose the next job is to get some dedicated cabooses to accompany it, and maybe some idler cars?
I've never seen a Schnabel car, but we used to have regular visits from a UP car for aircraft wings.

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
I've only seen one in "real life", David. But, I'm way ahead of you... already painted up two "idler" flats and have been looking at one of my B&M cabooses with malice in my eye!

Dick