Latest Project

rockislandmike

In the words of Bucky the Katt, FWEEETTTT ......

Is it gonna have roadname decals et al ??? Wondering who you're going to stencil it for (actually, does Schnagel (sp?) own all their own cars, I think they might)............

RailRon

Just GREAT, Dick!!! And this in record time!

Hey, and before you put that 2-8-8-2 in front of the car I didn't even realize that all this was N scale! (Always thought it was H0 :eek:)

But now of course I am mighty proud that I got the right hunch about the cargo! :D :D :D

Ron

absnut

Rockisland Mike,

Pictures I've seen show various company names, like GE, but not Schnabel. I suspect I'll give it a ficticious company name since it is not a "pure" model of a particular protoptype but, rather, a "marriage" of several.

Dick

Lighthorseman

The Schnabel Of The Gods...

That is quite literally breathtaking work. All the more impressive for the fact that it's N scale.

How in the world do you intend to top that?;)

RailRon

Hey Dick,
couldn't send this pic on the chat, so I'll post it here. This is a German Schnabel car with a transformer. (THAT would suffice for ALL the locos on our layouts ;) )
I brightened up the pic, but unfortunately the details of the truck are not so crisp :(
However, the wheel arrangement looks quite different from the American version you build.

Ron

Attachments

• schnabelwagen.jpg
    schnabelwagen.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 157

absnut

Thanks, Ron. That is an interesting Schnabelwagen. The wheel arrangement is different as it does not seem to have as many axles as many of the US types.

Dick

wendell

hey absnut I seeyou also use kato unitrack What radius do you use or what is the min radius will you big!!!! car go around just wondering Wendell

absnut

Wendell,

About a fourth of my layout is Unitrack. Next layout will be 100% Unitrack. The car looks best, of course, on 19" radius but it operates fine right down to 11" but, of course, I can't have another train passing on the curve at the same time! I think the "widest" radius I use with Unitrack is R7..... I aslo have two smaller radii in use but, short of lifting them off the layout, I can't tell you what they are. They did come with standard track "sets".

Dick

absnut

OK, it's done. I don't have appropriate dimensional data so I'll leave it off for the time being. The appropriate "buckeyes" have been installed and everything is as I planned it to be. I've already started on another one.... a little bit bigger.

Dick

Attachments

• schnlast01cr.jpg
    schnlast01cr.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 112