HMS Repulse From GreMir

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Padre, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Padre

Padre Guest

Hand cut, I found a jpg on the web and copied it. Print on thick paper and start cutting with new blade. Color as needed. 1-250 scale so reduce as needed.
  2. Padre

Padre Guest

Pretty much done, no rigging but I may do that later. Everything else completed. Also Repulse with Kookliks sub.

Attached Files:

3. Padre

Padre Guest

Attached Files:

4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I love the shot with the U-Boat!!
  5. lriera

lriera Member

Lex, I agree with you, these shots with the U-Boat, really impressed me.

Padre, thank you for a so great builds.
  6. Padre

Padre Member

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them.
  7. jkrenzer

jkrenzer Member

8. gogu13

gogu13 Gogu

great... congratulations!!!
  9. sambini

sambini New Member

This has always been one of the kits that I have wanted to build. One beautiful build you have done!
  10. Padre

Padre Member

Thanks. Sambini, go ahead and do it, just be ready for the size.
  11. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

Well, I seem to be following along in your foot steps, I have dug out the frame to again work on the Type VIIC, ordered the turned barrels f/Repulse and hope to start it when finished w/the sub. I really like the job you did with her and I hope to be able to do the same. I really like the photo of the sub under the ship:wave:.
  12. treadhead1952

treadhead1952 Member

Hi Padre,

I was grubbing about in my Gremir Models Ships folder and came across the HMS Repulse, yes, I have one of those as well. I have it printed out in a file in one of my file cabinets but went ahead and printed out the General Plan View of it just so I could admire it.

While I have already committed to finishing up my IJN Akizuki when I get done with the USS Savage which is rapidly coming to a close, the Repulse or the IJN Suzuya, also from Gremir, one or the other, is beginning to look like the next one that I will want to start working on. While the Suzuya isn't quite as large as the Repulse, it is pretty darn close.

So I had to go searching about and discovered this one that you did back in 2007-08. Very nice work and I can only hope to come nearly as close as your careful work. I will be coming back here to check out what you did as I work on my copy of this venerable old Royal Navy Battlecruiser. :thumb: