*Finish* Willys Jeep, Modelik Nr. 10/02, 1:25, Special Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

bholderman

Jul 21, 2004
fuchsjos said:
Report_102

The next step is acting with seats. First cut out some parts.

Next glue together and grind the sitting area of the seats.

The result is a nice co-driver seat.

Sheesh, you even got butt wear marks...

Brad

bholderman

Jul 21, 2004
fuchsjos said:
Report_102

The next step is acting with seats. First cut out some parts.

Next glue together and grind the sitting area of the seats.

The result is a nice co-driver seat.

Sheesh, you even got butt wear marks...

Brad

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Report_105

After some wonderful days in the south of France and round 2600 km in the saddle of this thing, I'm back and full of energy to start the endspurt for Willy.

bild105a7sn.jpg

The next step was the windshield, which I want to build with real glass pieces, 0,2 mm thickness using in the microscopy. The first try was a punch into the water, the glass was broken.

bild105b9gv.jpg

The second try was crowned with success.

bild105c2tz.jpg

bild105d0ku.jpg

Certainly it is able to put the windshield down, as by the original.

bild105e5jl.jpg

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Report_105

After some wonderful days in the south of France and round 2600 km in the saddle of this thing, I'm back and full of energy to start the endspurt for Willy.

bild105a7sn.jpg

The next step was the windshield, which I want to build with real glass pieces, 0,2 mm thickness using in the microscopy. The first try was a punch into the water, the glass was broken.

bild105b9gv.jpg

The second try was crowned with success.

bild105c2tz.jpg

bild105d0ku.jpg

Certainly it is able to put the windshield down, as by the original.

bild105e5jl.jpg

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Report_106

Finally there were only missing some details.

The tools:

bild106a4ti.jpg

The mirror, was made of mirror-foil:

bild107a9xa.jpg

The rod for the cape hood:

bild108a8jp.jpg

The jerry can:

bild109a6sw.jpg

And finally, the antenna:

bild110a6tj.jpg

Now this report (and the model) is finished.

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Report_106

Finally there were only missing some details.

The tools:

bild106a4ti.jpg

The mirror, was made of mirror-foil:

bild107a9xa.jpg

The rod for the cape hood:

bild108a8jp.jpg

The jerry can:

bild109a6sw.jpg

And finally, the antenna:

bild110a6tj.jpg

Now this report (and the model) is finished.

greycat

Jun 21, 2005
Israel
It's a real beauty, no words needed!
IMHO, any serious museum could be proud to have that model on display.
Just by reaing this thread I learned a lot.
Just one this is a bit unclear - how did you do the windshield - could you elaborate a bit please?

greycat

Jun 21, 2005
Israel
Just one this is a bit unclear - how did you do the windshield - could you elaborate a bit please?

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Josef,

Absolutely sensational! Glad you had a great holdiday in the South of France. Helped you warm up for the great finish. Thanks for your hard work and especially for sharing it with all of us.

-Gil

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Josef,

Absolutely sensational! Glad you had a great holdiday in the South of France. Helped you warm up for the great finish. Thanks for your hard work and especially for sharing it with all of us.

-Gil

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
greycat said:

Hello Alexander!

The glass of the windshield was made of real glasses, which is in use for microscopy as cover-glass for compounds. They are very thin (0,2 mm) and very clear. The biggest problem was to cut them. The using of a glass-cutter was not possible, because the pressure would break them. So I had to pen it between two hard sheets (I used acrylic glass) and break down the edges to become the right dimensions. The borders were burnished very carefully with a minidrill and diamond milling cutter. It was not necessary to become a perfect edge, because the frame of cardboard was covering it.

Servus

Josef

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
greycat said:

Hello Alexander!

The glass of the windshield was made of real glasses, which is in use for microscopy as cover-glass for compounds. They are very thin (0,2 mm) and very clear. The biggest problem was to cut them. The using of a glass-cutter was not possible, because the pressure would break them. So I had to pen it between two hard sheets (I used acrylic glass) and break down the edges to become the right dimensions. The borders were burnished very carefully with a minidrill and diamond milling cutter. It was not necessary to become a perfect edge, because the frame of cardboard was covering it.

Servus

Josef

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Gil said:
Josef,

-Gil

Gil,

Thank you very much for the nice words and I can say, it was also a big fun to share it with all of you.

Josef

fuchsjos

Feb 9, 2005
Austria, Vienna
Gil said:
Josef,

-Gil

Gil,

Thank you very much for the nice words and I can say, it was also a big fun to share it with all of you.

Josef

Rick Thomson

Aug 21, 2005
Rastatt, Germany
fuchsjos said:
On one side there was the 'Airpower 05' in Styria, Zeltweg, an airshow of superlative (the biggest in Europe), visiting by 250.000 people. Good pictures are at:
http://www.bmlv.gv.at/archiv/a2005/airpower/galerie_uebersicht.php
My favorites are the pictures of the Me109.
Josef

Hi Josef,

Sadly the 109 you mention, crashed at it's home field and is heavily damaged. Luckily the pilot escaped unharmed (other than his pride), but it will take a lot of work to get the Rote Sieben back in the air again.

See some pictures at the website of the museum I belong to. Afraid that the text is in German only, not that that will bother you...

http://www.airforcemuseumsoellingen.de/Me-109.html

To get back on subject, Nice model, I'm absolutely in awe of anyone that can get results like that.

Rick Thomson

Aug 21, 2005
Rastatt, Germany
fuchsjos said:
On one side there was the 'Airpower 05' in Styria, Zeltweg, an airshow of superlative (the biggest in Europe), visiting by 250.000 people. Good pictures are at:
http://www.bmlv.gv.at/archiv/a2005/airpower/galerie_uebersicht.php
My favorites are the pictures of the Me109.
Josef

Hi Josef,

Sadly the 109 you mention, crashed at it's home field and is heavily damaged. Luckily the pilot escaped unharmed (other than his pride), but it will take a lot of work to get the Rote Sieben back in the air again.

See some pictures at the website of the museum I belong to. Afraid that the text is in German only, not that that will bother you...

http://www.airforcemuseumsoellingen.de/Me-109.html

To get back on subject, Nice model, I'm absolutely in awe of anyone that can get results like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.