EVA Pod wanted

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by paperbasherpete, Oct 13, 2007.

1. paperbasherpete

paperbasherpete New Member

I just found this site:@PAPERCRAFT(home)
    It has several very nice models, but the one I really want, the EVA Pod, does not seem to be available. I've tried to use a translator engine on this site, but did not find out anything. Can anyone help me out with this model?
    Nanaimo, BC, Canada

Attached Files:

• ep.jpg
      File size:
      22.3 KB
  2. 57townsman

57townsman Member

The pod is still available on the Pepakura site. :mrgreen:
    Pepakura Designer

Go to the Gallery, then the Japanese user gallery. Page 2, scroll down to number 314. Unfortunately the download is a jpg and not a pdo file so the size is restricted by image resolution.

3. davelant

davelant Member

Have hope. The designer first posted the low-res jpeg versions on pepakura first for the time machine and maria, and later put the high-res pdo up on his site. Keep checking back.
  4. paperbasherpete

paperbasherpete New Member

Thank you for your help; I now have the jpeg's. I'll hold off building for a while to see if I can get the pdo file.
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

The designer says he will have the plans up on his site in a few days, after he is finished with a revision, so please be patient.

6. uhu02

uhu02 Active Member

7. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Thank You!

Thank you so much for sharing with us the PDF of your EVA Pod design. I have always loved this spaceship and have wanted one. I started designing it a bit ago but am tremendously glad there is another one available now.

GREAT design work, I can't wait to build it!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Robby design (another one on my to design list). Thanks for some great work!

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  8. jparenti

jparenti Member

Wow! This is great! I don't know how you can improve it, but I look forward to seeing it. Great work!
  9. jparenti

jparenti Member

Well, I couldn't wait. :mrgreen: I will do another when the finished revision is up, but I wanted to try it anyway. Evebn without instructions, it's very easy to put together, and the details are great. (not finished yet!)

Attached Files:

10. uhu02

uhu02 Active Member

↑↑     ↑ ↑
    I am very splendid:thumb:
    I want you to make a manual of the English version as a joint producer if possible.
    May I introduce a photograph to blog?
  11. jparenti

jparenti Member

I would be honored to help! You have my permission to use any photos you want. I'll try to detail my progress with photos as I go along.
    Also notice I made a slight mistake by cutting out the circles for the headlights. No worries, though, since they went on anyway without any trouble. I just glued them right on top and it went just fine. (I didn't repeat the mistake on the back. :) )
  12. uhu02

uhu02 Active Member

cutting out the circles…It is not a serious mistake:yep:
    "The enthusiasm" that is the most important.

Attached Files:

13. jparenti

jparenti Member

My enthusiasum is always running away without my brain. :)
    That rear shot helps a lot. I was thinking about the part below the door, and thought I miscalculated. An easy fix, though.
    Do you maybe have a shot of the arms? I'm working on those now, and they seem pretty simple so far, but who knows what I'll miss?
  14. uhu02

uhu02 Active Member

"arm" is small, but is not so difficult.

Attached Files:

• arms.jpg
      File size:
      143.3 KB
  15. jparenti

jparenti Member

Thank you! That really helps. The pictures of plastic models and of the real thing were okay, but I wanted to see what position you were putting them in in the final version.
  16. uhu02

uhu02 Active Member

"#008 Robby" was made.
    Thank you for all of you

"EVA POD" entered the dock.:mrgreen:
  17. jparenti

jparenti Member

Sorry I've fallen behind. What with the holidays, I've had little time to breath. I hope to be back on top of this project this week.
    And the Robbie model is awesome, by the way! I was shocked by all the complex curves. :mrgreen:
  18. samhain

samhain New Member

Since we are on the subject...

Anyone know of a decent free model of the Discovery? I've seen the hako version, but I really want a "real" version.
  19. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

There was one available awhile ago on a site called Homespunmagic (magix? Magik?), but I seem to have lost the url and can't figure it out... The model was fairly impressive up to the bridge module, which was very rough and more square shaped than round.

Unless I miss my guess, the site owner is (or was) a member here. :confused:
  20. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Ha! Found it. Just needed to do a little more digging. Is this the one you were talking about, or is this one new to you? Only one that I'm aware of... :oops:

HomespunMagixx - Discovery XD-1