Constellation class available on Zoushos site

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by vipers7, Mar 7, 2009.

1. vipers7

vipers7 Member

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

sha-wwwaAAAAAAAAA!!!!????!!!!??? :eek:
  3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I hope he makes that Nebula-class available for download too, I'm a big fan of his designs and would love to build that model.
  4. cdwheatley

cdwheatley Member

I downloaded the Constellation class a few days ago. He also says that the new Sovereign class model will be much easier to construct - amen to that!
  5. THE DC

THE DC Member

Hey Paragon!

Hey Paragon,

Did you check with DWHALE?

He had an amazing Nebula version, with both detail and excellent instructions!

Check it out!

The DC
  6. vipers7

vipers7 Member

Tough luck for me, I building now an 150% enlarged (old) version, while shooting some photos for a manual. Question is: who will be faster: the new version or myself with the manual for the old version. Whatever: I really love those designs.
  7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Yeah, I've seen D-WHALE's, and they both look very nice, but I really like Zoushou's textures.
  8. THE DC

THE DC Member

:genius2:Remember, Paragon:

You can always comine best elements of the two!

That's still legal in NC!

The DC
  9. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

Hi guys!
    I use this thread to show my finished model of the Constellation class!
    I changed the scale to 1:1700, corrected the position light of the nacelles in the back (all lights were red:confused: ) and give the ship the registration number of the U.S.S. Constellation (NCC-1974)!
    Why? I think, Martin Saenger made a good job with his STARGAZER! and who needs two of them:confused:
    Zousho´s Constellation class looks a little different with the parts! And the USS Constellation was the prototype for the Constellation class! So thats my reason for giving the reg.number!
    Oh and i changed the texture of the simple stand!:oops: a little bit more stars for that one!!!

Attached Files:

10. D-WHALE

and here some comparisons with Martins Stargazer (the Ship is 3 years old and a little bit dusty:oops:

Attached Files:

11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Darn! You beat me to it! I'm assembling the pylons right now...

Very nice build though. So far I think I prefer Zoushou's, one of the big reasons being the more accurate angle of the saucer's side.

Oh, and how do you all make the registry text with the red outlines? I still haven't found a good way to do that....
  12. loenf

loenf Member

Hi Marko,
    well done, very nice and clean build! Looking forward to your next modells.

regards Loenf
  13. loenf

loenf Member

I am using the font Federation Bold, you can download it here: Font Zone,
    and with a common draw programm I am adding a red border to the letters.

regards Loenf
  14. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

So there isn't a font available with the red outlines already in place? Any way to make one?
  15. THE DC

THE DC Member

Great job as always!

I like what you did with the bridge.

The DC
  16. THE DC

THE DC Member

Very nice job on the Bussard Ram scoops and the underside saucer detail. You improved the Impulse engines/impulse crystal as well.

Do you have a set of build pics?

The DC
  17. D-WHALE

I have nothing else done like to build the normal model; no layering or supering:cry:

i use Corel Draw to make the registration! in the net are two or three different fonts for the Federation! I use for this model the font calls "FederationStarfleetSquare"!

here is a litte tutorial how i make the registration to the parts!
  18. THE DC

THE DC Member

Shame! Your improvements are note worthy. Woulda been nice if the designer let you post the added parts and such.

I'm still a fan!:inw:

The DC
  19. D-WHALE

open a new clean page and go to "Tools" -> "Object Manager"

the Object manager is visible on the right side of your screen!

import the bitmap (JPG, BMP,...) of the model! the bitmap is visible in the Object manager

zoom a litte bit in:oops:

make a circle with a hairline! (after the whole process you can make the circle not visible ("none") with the draw option for the line! but DON`T delete the circle!!!!!) (the circle is also visible in the object manager)

now select the font

Attached Files:

20. D-WHALE

go to the line of the circle with the cursor! the cursor cross must change in to that one!!! Click on the line!
    that means, that you can write directly on the line

change the color of the font! double click and it open the color tool! change the color to red!!!

write the number or the registration (the fonts are also visible in the object manager)

now change the size ...

... and the position (or the direction) of the font

here you can see the result: a bitmap with vectorised font

Attached Files: