Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Best wishes Ray.
  2. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Thanks Gil.
    Had some odd weather today. After being in the low 90s most of the day, About 4:00 this afternoon we got hit with a hail storm.

Attached Files:

3. NSES44DC

NSES44DC Member

Thanks for the welcome guys! Yeah, I lived in a city(Vermilion), where the NS crossed underneath the Conrail mainlain by our river in which id go fishing at. Even seen an engine on fire once! Then I moved to Lorain and lived 500 ft from the NS main from the Avon Lake to Lorain ford plants(and beyond). We have lots of Coal trains in the area. Second most would probably be the Intermodal now which has overtaken our autoracks since Lorain Ford Closed and Avon Lake is probably going to also. :( Thanks for the welcome again fellas!
  4. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

YUCK! 115 here in Phoenix yesterday! My air conditioner had a hard time keeping up. We usually keep it pegged on 72 as my wife and I both work from home and yesterday after about noon, it did not cycle off again until after 10 at night. Looks like another $400 dollar electrical bill this month. They say it is supposed to be cooler today - 109:D . Thank goodness it cools off at night - all the way down to 85!!! Why do I live here again?... Oh yeh, September through April. Good to see you had some hail Ray! We just got a bunch of wind.
    Currently we are shortly before 8 a.m. at 88 degrees and 34% humidity.
  5. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

6. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Afternoon all. Took Burg [the lab] to the vet this AM for his annual [shots and all]. As soon as we truned in, he knew where we were. Had to drag him out of the truck and into the door. Finished, flew out the door and jumped in the truck. Smart dog. Around 1 PM went to the pond to work on the gulley [1 1/2 feet deep and about a foot wide] cut by the storm and water going over the emergency spillway. Put old concrete blocks [the old heavy type] in the gulley. First ones were two mortered together. Layed them down to make a funnel type with two holes. Drove rebar down to hold it. Put in a big [90lb] slab of stone beside it to block the water from eating out around it. Man that stuff is heavy to lift. The rest I stood up right in the gulley and drove rebar in them. Put big stones in front of them to help block the water pressure against the blocks and to prevent cutting under them. Hope this will slow the water down and help control the erosion. Next is to place a 2X10 about 4 foot long at the top so it will funnel water through the blocks. One big help is a big concrete manhole right at the top of the emergency spillway. That forces the water over to the solid rock face on the hill and lower side. Got in and wife thought I had fallen in the pond. Even boots were wet inside. Funny. I had cooled off some sitting in the shade on the bridge over the spillway with a breeze for about 30 minutes and listening to the water go over the falls. :) Rain ran me to the truck. Now I am showered and rested. Think I will run trains. Drink plenty of sweet ice tea [had a jug with me and that was my salvation].:thumb: Guys, I love visiting AZ. Beautiful country [different from us in the east]. Later
  7. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Rainy today. Some things to do and then flying to Pearl [Jackson MS] Bass Pro Shops this afternoon late. Back tomorrow night. God bless.
  8. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Drying out now here.
  9. Ray Marinaccio

We got another storm today.
    It started as a dust storm followed by a thunderstorm that reduced to a light rain.
    Looks like Monsoon is starting early this year.
  10. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Hi everyone,

It's hot and humid here in Orange County, California. Good weather to stay inside with the air on and take a chunk of the to do list on the layout!!sign1 sign1
  11. Ray Marinaccio

Mornin' Bill.
    I'll take one of those glazed donuts.
    I am getting together with my buddy Dave to discuss building a his N scale layout.
    It will be a 4'x8' Gulf Summit Lines, Susquehanna Valley Ry. Atlas track plan using Kato Unitrack.
    We also have an open house and a club meeting to go to today .
  12. TruckLover

:wave: Sounds like your going to have fun today Ray. All im doing is sitting at home and working on my layout.

13. Ray Marinaccio

Nothing wrong with that Josh.
    We got most of the materials gathered for Dave's layout (just need a few more 11" radius curves).
    Warren and Vicki Webster's G gauge layout is a beautiful garden railway.
    The club meeting was at Stan Cedarleaf's house.
    Stan has an awesome Garden railroad.
  14. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

sign1 I was sort of hoping i would tip it over to 100 pages. Concrads chief!

15. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Hot and humid. Back from Jackson MS around 12 AM. :rolleyes: Slept late. Now to mow the grass [mine and two neighbors']. Might have to bail it. :cry: Got to get expenses in first. Have a great one and God bless.
  16. jasbourre

jasbourre Member

Greetings all.
    Any room for me.
    We just had one heck of a thunder storm out her in Sudbury Ontario, hope the weather gets better the wife and I just got a little fishing boat and I'm hopping to do some fishing this weekend. Bass season opens this Saturday.

Gone Fishing
  17. lionelfan

lionelfan Member

Anyone know what happend to Spankybird? I haven't seen any posts from him lately, and I really enjoy the pictures from his layout. Hope all is ok with him...
  18. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

While still president, Bill and Hillary are at a Yankees home game, sitting in the first row
    with the Secret Service people directly behind them.

One of the Secret Service guys leans forward and whispers something to Bill.

At first,
    Clinton stares at the guy, looks at Hillary, looks back at the agent, and shakes his head "no." The agent then says, "Mr. President, it was a unanimous request of the entire team, from the owner of the team to the bat boy."

Bill hesitates...but begins to change his mind when the agent tells him the fans would love it! Bill shrugs his shoulders and says, "Ho-Kay! If that is what the people want. C'mere Hilly, baby."

With that, Bill gets up, grabs Hillary by her collar and the seat of her pants, lifts her up, and tosses her right over the wall onto the field.

She gets up kicking, swearing, screaming, "Bill you "!^$#@&!". The crowd goes absolutely wild. Fans are jumping up & down, cheering, hooting and , and high-fiving. Bill is bowing, smiling and waving to the crowd.

He leans over to the agent and says, "How about that! I would have never believed how much everyone would enjoy that!"

Noticing the agent has gone totally pale, he asks what is wrong.

The agent replies, "Sir, I said they want you to throw out the first Pitch."

Check the CTT forums.
  19. TruckLover

HAHAHAHAHAHAH sign1 sign1 sign1

Thats a good one. He would do that
  20. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Dig this. I giot some HO this winter..dont ask me why.

I have a Berk or something and 4 coaches all C&O whizzing around the living room floor.

Like a bolt from the Blue, I new it was dasavu (?)all over again!!

I had ridden on that train as a cub scout. Not so sure about the engine but it was those coaches in Gold & Blue and I remember the china to. We ate on the train.Had that cat on the plates maybe. From Hunting to charleston W Va and our moms picked us up and drove us home again.

Think I should explain to my wife why I like these trains now?

Now I know why I got those 20 hoppers and a shay and log cars. sign1

You cant take W Va out of the boy...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.