Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

We went shopping today and while the better half went in one direction haeded in an other to Jack Yeagers Train shop where I got some used plastic structures and two C&O coal hoppers, one a kit and the other new in the box, but old new stock.

I got out of there with less than $20 this time.

I am going soak the buildins aprt, low dose my meds two days and paint and reassmble them.

Happy Rail Roading you all on this family weeked.

My heart goes out to you have lost a parent. God bless you now.
  2. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Sunny now but had a bit of rain earlier.
  3. Skyray

Skyray New Member

The amazing Chief Eagles woke me up, then I googled his name and found this place. It has a different air about it, but there seem to be a lot of the same folks here that I recognize. Haven't updated my profile yet. The wife has her pool table back, so my 4 x 8 is leaned against the bookcase and the rolling stock are stored. Gonna get organized next week, I swear it

Doug Johnson
  4. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning. Got in at 12:30 AM from dallas/Ft. Worth. Delta did a great job ont his trip. US Airways may have lost a customer. Hey Skyray. Got things to do today. One thing:

Go Carolina Hurricanes. :D
  5. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

DElta went bankrupt yesterday.
  6. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Busy day. Got County/Regional Transportation meeting later this afternoon. Have a good one and God bless.
  7. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Nothing to post about today.
  8. Chief Eagles

Morning all. So busy yesterday, did not get to computer until late last night. Wife is at the beach [got her off early yesterday]. Got to go get cables to cable off the pond dam. Horse riders can not read sign telling them to stay off. Cutting big rut in back side where they ride down. Blocked it and the removed. Guess cables is better than shooting horses. :rolleyes: Have a good one. God bless.
  9. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Rain big time yesterday afternoon and into the night. Garden is growing now. Yesterday was s do nothing outside day as so hot and humid. Have a good one and God bless.
  10. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

I know how you feel about people riding where they shouldn't be.
    We have a problem here with people on quads and dirt biked tearing up our private road and private property. The Sheriff doesn't want to be bothered with solving the problem so it is getting out of hand and may lead to the land owners taking the law into our own hands.
  11. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I ran over about 30 tire spikes in my truck while trying to scout out a Phx-Prescott cycle ride in your immediate area. I did not think I was on private property but it was obvious somebody did not want me there for some reason. That did not happen to be you was it?:D
    I ran over the spikes on a little section of dirt road that parallells 89 on the east side just before the turnoff for Poland Junction. Ticked me off something fierce. Spent almost an hour cleaning up the entire road so the next person along would not experience the same displeasure! :curse:
  12. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Good Evening Everyone. Well today was a big day for me and we had a Structure Burn Class. We burnt a house to the ground for training and a class that we needed to get in before our new Ladder Truck arrives next year. Had alot of fun and learned alot about everything. Got home around 15:00 p.m. I haven't been doing anything train wise as my brother came home last Friday and I have been spending time with him & catching up on everything that had been going on while he was over there and I was telling him about all what went on here at home. Well I am going to get going here and browse around on here. Have A Good Night Everyone.:wave: :wave: :wave:
  13. NSES44DC

NSES44DC Member

Greetings From North Central Ohio!

New to this forum as of today! Im inbetween Sandusky and Cleveland in a small town called Amherst. As of right now, I can hear the whistles of Norfolk Southern freight! Its nice area located inbetween two sets of tracks. I have all around me. The north on the lake is Ex-Conrail now NS and to the south and west of me is NS(i believe the old NYC or NKP) Then the old B&O isnt too far to the east of me which CSX runs nighttime freights from the steel mill down to catch I believe into the grafton area. Im not too familiar yet with all the trackage rights...never really cared until recently. Im 22 and I just love trains, second to the girls of course. haha! Ive had family work for the N&W, NS, and CSX. I model NS and CSX now (with conrail and amtrak trains of course.)In the HO Scale.I have a 5' by 10' layout that im starting to build with "double main" and a spur to the inside. I wanna add a top track to the layout too, since i have a really nice Amtrak set. My pride right now is a P2K SD-60 NS engine and then i have a lot of the older "dummy" athearns and a few powered. Im looking for a good CSX engine to purchase and i really like the new es (44/40) (ac/dc) units as well. I hear another train going through now! This area is always hoppin with trains!!

Hope to get to know you all well soon! Take Care.

Jeff :)
  14. Ray Marinaccio

No I wouldn't do that. To much chance of Innocent people like yourself getting involved (screwed). I would and just might go after the certain few that are giving offroaders a bad name.
    I used to ride dirt bikes in my younger years and respected other peoples rights and property as many still do.

Welcome to the Gauge Jeff.
  15. Ray Marinaccio

Here's a few photos of my birthday inferno.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      19 KB
    • 2.jpg
      File size:
      23.3 KB
    • 3.jpg
      File size:
      21.4 KB
    • 5.jpg
      File size:
      37.1 KB
  16. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Now we know - - You just wanted to skip this one :) You snuck it in, on a day we were all offline for most of the day :(

Happy Belated Birthday!! :D :D
    bday1 bday1 bday1 ​
  17. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Welcome Jeff. :wave: I'm a NS man too. Got about 12 diesels in NS. Ray, glad to see you post here again. Missed the tales and photos of the "ranch" and AZ. Looks like you might have set off the smoke alarm with that cake. :rolleyes: NC has been getting rain. Garden is producing lots of squash and cucumbers. Getting a few tomatoes [35 plants] and corn getting ready. Over slept and missed early Church. Going to see Prairie Home Companion this afternoon. Have a great day and God bless.
  18. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Good Morning from SE PA! Welcome Aboard Jeff!!! I'm surrounded by Rails too - B&O (NS) on one side and the Northeast Corridor (AMtrak, PRR, COnrail) on the other -- both pass by about 1/4 mile to the North and South respectively :) :) Hear whistles all the time - not too bad a thing :) :)
  19. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Hey Ray, Happy belated birthday!!! Hope you had a good one. Was there a fire extinguisher near by for that cake? :) I like the loco decoration.
  20. Ray Marinaccio

Thanks Guys. The cake was decorated by a friend of ours. I told my wife not to put all those candles on the cake because we might get a citation for disobeying the burn ban or start a forest fire.
    Glad to hear your garden is doing well Chief, We didn't put in a garden this year, I was having some health problems and just didn't feel up to it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.