Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Just finished a quick trip to Wilmington NC to hold the little fellow [7 lbs 3 ozs] for 30 minutes. Then rush back for Dr's apt. No sleep and hungry [4 hurs this AM sleep and missed lunch and diner]. Have a ood one while I go eat.
  2. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Tom..I know what it's like being turned into a Granpa'...Congratulations..!! :thumb:

I too will take a quick trip this weekend to go see the little one (my son I've seen for 27 years...). Just take it easy...We ain't no spring chickens any more...

Here's some pics of the little tyke I took a few months back..
  3. pennman

pennman Member

Hey sorry been busy this new job is trying to killme, I'm hoping everything will settle down after the grand opening May1. havent even had time for my trains, But the good thing is there is a CSX main that runs right behind the shop. Not sure where it goes though, looks like Nashville to bowling Green or Paducha KY will have to explore one weekend.
    Yall have fun,
  4. Chief Eagles

Morning. Rainy Think I will wire on my layout. I can now run accessories wiring and get them lit. Understand some of yuz giz are getting or going to get SNOW. bounce7

Have a good day.
  5. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Up in Maine, I was lead to believe that they had two seasons, winter, and the Fourth of July.
    Here in the midwest, I got used to two seasons..winter, and summer.
    Well, surprise, this year spring and summer lasted about 11 hours....there's a pile of snow on the ground, and more's a fallin'.
    So much for Global WARMING!!!!! bounce7
  6. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Well it looks like 'The Gauge' is back up and running. What happened?

Good morning all,

Woke up with a nasty cold this morning, not doing much.

Take care,
  7. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I just signed up for home milk delivery. :) Go figure a small dairy near Ebensburg Pa still does this. No more late trips to the C-store.

I hope the weather keeps going bad I plan on getting some more work completed on my layout.
  8. Chief Eagles

Evening. Went to Kerr Lake early this AM [why I didn't get to post]. Sawed tree for fishing partner. Tired. Dinner ready. Going train broke. Just bargined for 2 Atlas NS powered engines and 1 dummy. Dinner is ready. Wife coming home tomorrow as Grandson went to his house today. :thumb:
  9. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

I thought a farmer like yourself would have his own milk cow. :D :thumb:
  10. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

:) I still drink the real stuff but for the kids I buy the pasteurized stuff just to be safe. :)
  11. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Hi sumpter250 :wave:

Talk about global warming- it's still raining here in Johannesburg and we are starting to enter into winter, when it's suppose to be our dry season!

In Cape Town winter means their rainy season but the are going through a drought, the dams are also only about 40% full.
  12. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

I agree. Just kidding.
  13. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

How long does it take a post to get here from So Africa?

Ever find a diamond on the beach?
  14. Chief Eagles

Evening all. Grass cut, trains ran and Roundup sprayed. Wife home from babysitting Youngest and Grandson. Bedtime. Off to Miss Edna's tomorrow.
  15. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/14/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 65°F
    Humidity: 95%
    Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
    High: 75°F
    Low: 64°F
    Rain: 0.78"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 30mph WNW

Today High: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 45 Decreasing clouds. Colder. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Scrambled eggs for me today.

16. Chief Eagles

Where in the heck is everyone???? Been to "Miss Edna's" this AM. Took wife to a hosta farm 30 miles away. She bought lots of hostas [she already has lots]. Now I can buy more trains. :thumb: Rain is suppose to be on the way. Going to run trains. Later
  17. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

What is a hasta pray tell?
  18. corwinktbt

corwinktbt Old-time steam.

Hostas are plants that grow low to the ground. My wife plants the things all over. They grow like weeds (probably are weeds). She told me that they are mostly leaves, with small flowers. Anyway, here is a link with more info.

Now, on to more useful (to a model railroader) info. If you want to model hostas, you're best bet would be a brighter green(almost blue sometimes) ground foam than the rest of your scenery. If you are modeling them in a larger gauge, you would be able to see the leaves (about 1/4" in G scale) and you might want to try a heart shaped paper punch. Also, the wife says they like it better in the shade, so you would want to keep them in the shadier spots on your layout.

19. Chief Eagles

Finally got my hands on Grandma's Camera:
    GrandMa thinking she is incharge [us guys say no way]

Grandpa giving fishing and train lessons [GreatGrandma looking on]

Carter Parker
  20. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Too Cool!!!! :D :D :D :D

Any chance he'll get a bit spoiled from the grandparents????? :D

Fishing and train lessons??? Shouldn't that be "Train & Fishing lessons"?????? goldtoth1 goldtoth1 goldtoth1

God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.