Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Fishing, well I have the boat and the equipment but never have the time. TOO much girls basketball.

Here is a little bragging since we are 3/4 thorugh the very long season.

CT / Camco 27 wins 4 losses .871% PF=982 PA = 527
  2. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

So yer spending all yer spare time playing girls basker ball?sign1

3. pennman

pennman Member

Playing girlsbasket ball?Thats a little unfair forthe girls isnt it?

John, dont care how much of an inconvience the snow is it still looks good and its kind of trankquill when its falling. I really do miss that down here.
  4. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

not really an inconveniance, its a hazard. a few cars were off the road on my way to work this moringing. thank god there was nothing serious.
  5. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

[Went tothe Cumber land the other day, was checking out my fav fishing holes.I have to get a line in the water soon or I'm going to bust..haha
    I hear they are draining the lake and that the dam is dangerous, saw it on the news recently.
    I had planned to charter a boat and do some striper fishing. Not sure now untill I make some phone calls.
  6. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning a ll, another lazy day with just her and me.

Have a great day everyone!

7. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Lake Cumberland Kentucky?

If I was on the team they would loose. Well they have two games today so another day without NASCAR.
  8. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning from Bosie ID. Partly cloudy and warm. Off to the store. Fly out early tomorrow AM. Will be glad to get home and run some trains. Have a good one.
  9. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all.

Very productive weekend as far as trains go, got the Kato detail parts on, the last of the detail parts on the Atlas Master series engine, 27 cars looked over, parts glued back on and couples installed on the ones that needed them!

Looking for warmer weather this week! Suppose I should clean up the boat and find everything for the mower deck....

Have a great day!

10. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

It has been Done!!!!

Today after school I put the finishing toutch on my grain elevator and MAN does it look good!:D I'll try to post pics of it. Next project (I hope!): machine shop HO scale , Walthers Cornerstone series!
  11. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

today was mixed for me.

on one hand, i finally perfected a way to operate. switch my layout ( now i just need to work on ways to easily uncouple my cars). i've been taking to long to go DCC with some of my locomotives, so it looks like i'll be getting decoders soon.

on the other hand, i got a scale length ( 6 horizon commuter car) SEPTA train. It is creating great stress. at first, the coupler pocket covers were obstructing the trucks, so i trimmed them down. i then added knuckle coupler, of which no combination of the cars will stay coupled. one of the trucks keeps lifting up no matter what i do, and to make things worse, the train derailed, and shooved one of the cars off the table onto the concrete, and sheared off part of the coupler pocket stuff. ( the little plastic protrusion on the underbody that the coupler pocket swings on). I might be able to use a longer screw and a tap drill to try and reattach the coupler pocket.

as it turns out, my Conrail GP40-2 is a "Phase III" unit, that is apperently difficult to detail accurately because it has 88 inch noses and weird class lights, so i'm thinking about renumbering it.
  12. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, house work today.

Have a good day!

13. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Good Afternoon Everybody,

Today was the first day of the year I actaully had to put a jersey on- it was freezing!! I can smell it in the air- winter has arrived to the southern hemisphere!

Brrrrrrr. Only 14 degrees Celcius.
  14. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Morning all,

Good report on my hand from the doc today.

Today is the first day of SPRING and it feels like it! balloon6

Take care,
  15. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning [almost noon]. Been doing reports and booking flight [more trips coming]. Got in from Bosie ID last afternoon. Great flight. Don't forget the gathering at a restaurant [jefelectric can post the name] in Harrisburg PA this St. Got to run. Pretty day here.
  16. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yes!! Us northerners are "Done" with the chill weather.... :) One more day (Wednesday) of below 50 deg weather - then it's into the 60's and 70's :) :)

When you get tired of the C-C-C-Old weather - send it back and we'll return your nice weather........ maybe...... :D :D :D :D
  17. N Gauger

I guess we can post the restaurant 's info... :)

Doc Holliday's Steak House
    469 Eisenhower Boulevard
    Harrisburg, PA 17111

Saturday - March 24 2007 - - 1:00 PM

As far as i know - I'm still going :) :)
  18. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

And it looks like the Chief is bringing warm weather with him :).
    Although is supposed to rain. :cry:

Chief, You won't be spending much time at home this week.

Take care,
  19. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Good morning everyone,

Thought I would post a map to Saturday's Lunch with the Chief.

If you are coming from the East on 283, get off at 441 as there is no exit on Chambers Hill Road. From the South on 83 the exit marked 27 is what you want. That may be the old exit number.
  20. N Gauger

Cool!! Got it in the GPS :) :) +40° 14' 54.01", -76° 48' 46.46"

For you navigators :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.