Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Moving early. Buddy coming to fish pond with me. Then off to Bosie ID this evening. Get there around 10:45 mountain time [12:45 Am my time]. Then another hour to get to hotel and etc. Long day. Tanker, red fish is salt water. We call them "Puppy Drum" or "Spot Tails". Great catch on catfish. Police Chief and Lt were to fish the pond yesterday PM. Have not heard report. Monster crappie bedding. Will be out of touch for a while. Will write down the computer address as I always get it wrong and do not get here while away. God bless.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hey Gus, thats not fair there is some great fishing off los fresnos and south padre. I know pretty much right where your at down there spent sometime workingin that area.

Chief, miss fishing down innthe Carolinas, getting another chance here soon my son inlaw is getting stationed over at Bragg in a few months.

If this weather keeps going the way itis I'm going to have to break the boat outsoon and hit the Cumberland and getsomefishing done myself.

Yallhave fun,
Tony

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Hi all!

Little cooler here today. I'm on standby for vehicle recovery. That time of the year when people will start putting em through the ice again. I don't dive under the ice, just help out on the ice. Maybe I should take a fishing pole with me..LOL.

I haven't been near salt water....well the last time was 1971.

Can't wait for the ice to melt and be able to start fishing again!

Have a great day everyone.

Rick

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Morning Guys, Where is everybody? Just because the chief is up in Boise getting his buns froozen, no reason to not check in. :wave:

Anybody else getting any snow? Been snowing since about 7:00 but not making a lot of headway. Less than an unch on the grass, none on the roads yet. Supposed to get 3-6 inches.

Can't do much train work with the hand still in a splint. Hope it comes off next week.

Please excuse the typos, not easy with one hand. :D

Sounds like you fishermen are getting reved up for spring, haven't fished for a while. When I was young I was on the Susquehanna every weekend it wasn't iced up. Thought I would start again when I retired but just never could get into it again. Guess I'm just fished out.

Take care,

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
oldtanker said:
Gus, whats a red fish???? more important.....when i can go after bass, cats and pike who cares????LOL

233.jpg

Keep in mind that I'm 6'5".....

Rick

Rick, That looks like more than 20 pounds? What kind of cat is it, we used to catch mosly channel cats in the Susquehanna, but yours is to brown for that.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi guys...Not much in the train going on right now...Hope to get some bench work started over the weekend.

Tony, where abouts were you staying down here..?? What were you up to..? Bay fishing has dropped off over the last few years, some say it's being overfished, so they're looking into tightening up the release sizes some. We'll see. Now that the sun is out, (80's today), time to get the fishing tackle out...!!

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Hi all, took my grandson to preschool this morning. The wife and I visit her parents on Friday mornings while the little guys is in school. On the way into town grandma told him to tell her what he saw outside the car window....."nothing but flipping snow" was his reply......daddy is getting talked to when he gets home from work!

Gus our scale read 22LBS on it. It's a Mud Cat.

Have a great day all!

Rick

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
lol crazy slush all over everything here in NJ. getting home off the bus was bad, becaus teh combination of the wind, and my heavy bookbag was causing me to slip and slide all over the place. it was also disheartening to see a good many crushed cars on tow trucks. Hope everyone stays safe!

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Oldtanker I know that was a retorical question but for some of us who might not know, a red fish is known on the gulf coast as a red fish and the mid altlantic areacas a drum or a red drum. It is a bottom feeder and lurks in sloughs for the current to bring the bait (feed) to it.

Juveniles live in estuaries untill about the age of 4 then swim out to the surf.
Big drum can grow as large as 100 pounds. The Florida state record is about 43 lbs.

They can usualy grow to about 50 pounds although I haveI have not seen 80 to a 100 pounders.

I am not sure what the current VA & NC state records are but I bet the Chief knows.

Pic from the Tradewinds Tackle Shop page, Okracoke Island, NC Looks like the kid got it this week.

td0314.jpg

Oldtanker that is a whale of a cat, did to pull he out of a hole or use tackle?sign1

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Remind me to shoot some ground hog in Punxsutawney. I just got back from my parents house and we have crossed the 8-inch mark and it is still coming down. My parents aren’t doing so well, mum has blockage in her neck and dads heart valve has some problems. At 75 and 78 I’m not sure what they are going to do. Mum had a stroke last March and I doubt she could take any surgery. Dad just had his valve replaced 14 months ago.

I was going to start wiring my new buildings but I’m not much in the mood tonight. It is hard when your parents get older.

[FONT=&quot]In any event I’m tired of seeing all this snow and I’m cranky.[/FONT]

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Gus, use to work for RED RiverService,your trash people.That andand went to school at Ft Sam houston and Ft Hood. Use to travel donw that way quit often.

Went tothe Cumber land the other day, was checking out my fav fishing holes.I have to get a line in the water soon or I'm going to bust..haha

I'm not sure what happened to the weather but it didnt break out of the low 50's today. burrr..

Was at the new job today checking things out,not happy about how things run at this new shop going to have tomake some changes once things get rolling to make it profitableand run right. going tobe rough the first few months.

Yall have fun,
Tony

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
ok its sat morning, was 50 and 60 degrees all week, even hit 70 one day, so we all planed a road trip on the motorcycles today, i get up look out the door and its flippin snowing!,...

it had to wait till the weekend?

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good Morning,

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

We got a nice? snow here as well. I guess we never learn. Front page of the morning paper has a picture of a car on its roof, seems an 85 year old guy who lives in a retirement center was out driving around in the snow storm. wall1 :cry:

For those living in the SUNNY SOUTH, here is what it looked like about half way through the snow storm.

47b7dd37b3127cce82165a95918900000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7dd37b3127cce82164775d1ff00000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7dd37b3127cce8216471e50a400000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

47b7dd37b3127cce8216443c912f00000017100QYtmrhwzYsU

Take care,

Status
Not open for further replies.