Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning is still morning here for a little while.....slept in this morning, all them darn pills from VA does that to me.

Foggy, drizzle and rain......may even get thunder here today! Nothing below 45 in the 10 day forecast!!!!! SPRING IS HEREballoon6

Have a great day everyone!

2. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Rick, Now you can get started on the outdoor RR.
  3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

You should move those (lunch) just alittle more west, like SOMERSET. :)
  4. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

John, with the ground still frozen???

5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

It may be but then again I have a ton of great beef and pork. :)
  6. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Rick I just noticed you’re from Minnesota. I had the pleasure to visit the state. I spent a night near the water parks on my way to Wyoming.

[FONT=&quot]Nice state but I loved the farms along the interstate through Wisconsin.[/FONT]
  7. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Beautiful days ahead. I;m going to be gone and will not get to fish. :cry: Off Rebel raiding into Yankeeland. Off to Harrisburg PA Bass Pro Shops until Sunday. Have a good one.
  8. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, taking grand kids to pre school this morning house work this afternoon.

Renovo, yep nice state...when it's warm...LOL I'm on the west side of the state, bout 90 miles from no where! You know the kind of area where for excitement we watch hair grow.

Have a great day all.

9. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

Sound's like my kind of place.:thumb:
  10. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

For all you statisticians out there - - this thread:

Started 10-01-2005 ~~ 18 months old
    Pages : 200
    Views: 51,143

Too Cool!!!!!!
  11. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Near dinner time here, but finally a chance to say Howdy!
    Lots of new faces (that's great!)... Seems fewer older names (worries me)...

Been real wndy down here... Must be an election year...
    Welll.. off to do more catching up.
  12. pennman

pennman Member

Hey Guys,
    The new jobis KILLINGME!! A lot of hours getting things up and going.

Sorry Cant make the meet on 24 march, maybe next one.

Rick, can I come and watch the hair grow?God only knows mine is getting

On the lighter side I have started sometrack work, I'll post pics soon.

Yall have fun now,
  13. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Busy day here, first chance I had to log on.

Had a nice visit from the Chief & later another friend stopped in to see the layout. Smoke got pretty heavy as 3 if the 4 trains running were smokers.

I stated putting some people in my Crusader passenger cars, not the easiest cars to take apart, but at least they come with instructions.
    LHS, (Barry's) now has Beepeople, I picked up two packs today. 40 in a pack for 24.95. Not a bad price for painted seated figures. Take care,
  14. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hi guys...

Have to agree 'bout the rolling Wisconsin farm land...Having lived in Madison for 10 years, that kind of land stays with you...

Reading John's post 'bout the little people made me wonder...There must be something weird inside of us when buying 40 little painted figures (seated) gets the juices flowing...Good buy, John...!!! :thumb:
  15. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Where did everyone go? First post of the day at 10:02?

We got a lot of rain today, think the chief brought it along from NC.

Take care,
  16. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

We're all in PA waiting for tomorrow LOL
  17. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Evening all. Had to spent some time in town tis morning. This afternoon I tore out some more plasterand lath. One room left!

This evening I worked on a building kit. It will be a pool hall for a "GI" section of town right outside the "gate".

Got 3 other buildings that will be part of that area, one will be a pawn shop, one a booze store and at "club". There will also be the typical rip off used car lot there with a sign...the walking mans friend...

18. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Cloudy and cold over here this morning. Keeps threatening to rain but no luck. Busy helping a new buddy of mine design the benchwork for his layout. We are going to make it in his garage.

We will raise it by mounting I- Beams on either end of the benchwork and attach a rolling mechanism. It will be 6m long x 1,8m wide.

Keep well.............
  19. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

I'm hoping to get some layout work done today. I've got the base paint done, now I have to start applying scenic material over it.

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 71446 3/24/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 66°F
    Humidity: 88%
    Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
    High: 66°F
    Low: 64°F
    Rain: 0.00"
    Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
    Gust: 12mph SSE

Today High: 80 Mostly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs around 80. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Decreasing clouds. Areas of fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Pancakes and coffee today.

20. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Mmmmm, yummy!!!!- I'll take Hot Chocolate though, not much of a tea totaler or coffee lover. I do however like "Moer Koffie" (Afrikaans for Nuts- as in nuts and bolts) taking fresh beans and putting it over the fire to boil,
    then add some condensed milk- mmmmmmmm!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.