Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Good Morning! supposed to be a nice day, going to the cities with my son in law, he's 23, drives OTR, he's been out for 10 days, a bit lonely, she can't ride with him....morning sickness...LOL, he has a quick turn around and wants some company.

Have a great day!

2. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. Cooler. Only in the high 50's today. Worked until 2AM on the power center for layout. Has its own breaker panel. More work to do today but have to run errands this afternoon.

Have a good one.
  3. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Chief, do you have to set in the floor to operate your trains?
  4. kokoracer

kokoracer Member

Hi Guys

Changiing from the LL to the Bachmann track continues. Found some Model Power stuff at the LHS. My SO said that it would work okay and has saved me some $$$. I have about 50% of the first mainline changed. Moving the LL over to the second 11x15 and hope to have that fully laid next month. That is just temporary since I want to run trains as I am building the layout. Worked on my yard tonight. Plans are for about 6-8 ft of
    four tracks. That should give me plenty of room since I plan on 10 car freights for the most part. I have to move my computer which is near the layout. Going to take advantage and build off layout staging behind it. Will post photos soon. John
  5. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning everyone! Just a day at home. Going to finish insulating the one wall and start getting sheet rock up.

Have a great day!

6. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Cloudy and chilly. Suppose to warm to the 60's. Think it is to rain for a few days. Got a couple of sheet of wood to cut to fill in the new section. County meeting this afternoon so no work. Gil, got Lionel stool to sit on. Do a lot of standing. Good luck on the walls oldtanker. Later.
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Some errands to run - - maybe woeking on the Time Travel Challenge.... My cold went away, so this is the best I've felt in a few days... :)

8. pennman

pennman Member

Hey all,
    Cold rainny day here in TN, A good day to maybe get some of that xmas shopping done. But what the hell still have 4 days left hate those crowds. maybe I can work on the train room a bit.
    Chief,That layouts looking real good!
    Yall have a great day,
  9. Chief Eagles

Morning. There is a software problem here. Takes for ever. I posted to the Merry Christmas thread and then all things went haywire. All the other forums are funning fast. I click a nd walk off. Will not let me delete errors. Rainy and warm here, Have a goodo ne
  10. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Lets see if it works for me, I make lots of errs.

It has rained all day and I slept in untill 4:00PM. Got up at noon, looked out the window and like a ground hog and went back to sleep.

This evening I may finish up the train & tree display and then Saturday do some shopping & rapping.

I hope it deies out by Sunday.
  11. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Last night I had loads of problems with slow loadings and non-existant web pages. Today seems fine.
    Wet, wetter, wettest up here. Met a visitor from Winnipeg at the airport; flights coming in on time but southern US delayed.
  12. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

13. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Been a while since I posted in this thread!! :oops:

14. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, I will get some more work done on the Kitchen!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

15. Chief Eagles

AH, software speeding along today. No Miss Edna's [Todd's Train Depot]. Got a friend's birthday lunch as she turns the big 5 0. Porbably no train work until after Chritsmas. Also raining and very warm. Makes it hard to saw and then run from shed to house with wood. Hope to frame and do back room next week. If so, will cut tunnel portals in walls first. Have a Merry Christmas.
  16. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Good Morning All from NE Ohio

Where the temp is 45 deg with overcast skies and headed to 50 deg today. Not much chance of a White Christmas this year :rolleyes:

Chief - your new layout is coming along very nicely ! :thumb:

Gil - Your Christmas layout is great, very good job ! ! :D :thumb:

17. 91rioja

91rioja Member

N Gauger, how did your cache hunt turn out? I haven't been since September of this year. I really need to get back out again, but I hear my trains calling me........

Pennman, how's the layout room coming around? I haven't seen anything on your progress since you fired the contractors.

Warm overcast day here in Greensboro NC; hard to believe it is the second day of winter. Where's the cold weather?
  18. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Christmas Town

The town square with carolers and a nativity. The folks all came out to see after church.

19. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

5 out of 7 :D We tried a multi - - but the last stage (A Micro) couldn't be got... Too Many Muggles :( :( :(

Going out again Tomorrow (Sunday) - - going for 3 FTF's and possibly one on X-mas morning - we have a tip that one is being published at 5 AM :) :)

I'm at 60 now - - how about you????
  20. 91rioja

91rioja Member

I'm at 63 right now. I'm known in the caching circles as 91rioja. Wish you luck on the FTF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.