Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Here's what's on tap for the weather in this area. Broad hint! It's gonna be really wet! Here it is, the End of Decemnber and I have the AC on!

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 12/30/2006
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23
Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 65°F
Rain: 3.90"
Rain Rate: 0.36"/h
Gust: 33mph SSE

High: 65 °F
Low: 61 °F
Important Message: Flash flood watch in effect through this afternoon.
Now through 08:15 AM CST December 30, 2006

Through 7 AM...scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms will occur over the area alone and east of a line from Toledo bend dam to lake Charles to Cameron. In this area a line of strong thunderstorms will move through the area from Alexandria to Crowley to Grand Chenier and the Rockefeller wildlife refuge. Over the coastal waters...scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms will occur from Marsh Island to Sabine Pass out 60 nautical miles.

Rest Of Today High: 65 Showers and thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the mid 60s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest in the afternoon. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

I'd follow Big Bambu's routine if I didn't have a layout to WORK ON...!!! There seems to be a lot of sheetrock work going on here...Builders' Convention...??? Big Chief - No see pictures of your trains lately- how're they coming???

Well, you all have...

A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR...!!!sign1

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Was up to 1 AM wiring switches to aux power and the remotes. Holes in the wall for running trains into the walkin attic. Got straight sections of track today so will try to get started in there with framing benchwork. Got to take down the outside Christmas now. Reversed the sidings and operation on the left side [coming in the main door] of layout. Wife has been home so can not spend all my time on trains [like when she is at work]. Got a "messy" two weeks coming so will no have a lot of train time. Town Board, meetings and visit retired pilot [over night] this coming week, fly to NH for meeting [retirement job] the next.

Cutting holes in plaster walls was a job. The two main lines on the left will go straight through [curved tracks are ther just so I could get distnace for engines to back up too]. Coal siding will curve and go through tunnel. Temp foam portals to help with looks.
47b6cc09b3127cce8071e469905100000016108AasnLhm4bNe

Right side main lines will curve and go through portal. Got some straights today to move it more inline,

47b6cc09b3127cce8071e441907900000016108AasnLhm4bNe

COX 47

Dec 28, 2004
Hello...This is my first visit to the caboose...I stop by the gauge a couple of times a day but havn't stopped in I am working on a small N scale railroad in our living room and because of Christmas I have the cover on it and the Christmas tree on top of the work and operation has stopped till the new year...I modeled in HO for many years...darn N stuff is so small but the other side you can't see some of the detail..Is there any other N scalers here?...You all have a good Saturday night.....Cox 47

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
We drove down to Buffalo today to visit a hobby shop and Border's and Cracker Barrel. Very cold and wet this morning -- the wipers froze a bit as we set out and there was a touch of snow (not in the forecast) but by 2 o'clock there was blue sky visible and becoming better.
Couldn't find anything I was desperate for in the Hobby shop came home with a bunch of DVDs and a micrometer.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning. Partly cloudy and chance of sprinkles. Want to do some benchwork framing in other room but don't know. Wife has bug. May change our evening plans to go to dinner with friends. Chance of rain tomorrow. Busy week coming up. Hope all have a happy and safe New Years Eve.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
I'll have ham and eggs today.
HAMEGGS.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 12/31/2006
Wind Chill: 50°F
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 45°F

So Far Today
High: 54°F
Low: 50°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph WNW

High: 64 °F
Low: 38 °F
Rest Of Today High: 68 Becoming mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds becoming west around 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight Low: 38 Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hye Steamhead, You know I'd show you my layout but you'd think we where in a wharehouse, ITs in about 15 boxes and 6 shelves of stuff. Now as far as hanging drywall, if anyone wants to volenteer and come over and helpme we can get pastthis drywall thing here and getto some tracklaying...ANY TAKERS????
I did however build a Thomas the tamk train for my grandson this weekend and I do believe my Son , Son-inlaw, and Daughter as well asmyself played with it more than he did.... All a bunch of train addicts..
Yall have a happy NEW YEAR, Good health to all,
Tony

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Sounds like a fun Christmas...!!! Nothing beats a train at Christmas time. Still remember my first "real" Christmas train set back in the 1/2 fifties....A great AF 0-8-0 set (which I still have...!!!).

I had to do the drywall thing (+ insulation, wiring, plasterin' & paintin') when I converted my garage to a train room..."Nuff of that...!!!

You all be safe and we'll pick it up NEXT YEAR...!!!sign1

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hey Wimberl, I think we are going to hire you, and have to get ride of the coffee (Mike) guy. Hes always late and all he ever shows up with is coffee and donute..LOL

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
47b6cc10b3127cce806b6a2f05c800000016108AasnLhm4bNe

The guys on the Roseyville Div of the NS stop their switching to wish each other a Happy New Year. The tanker driver has stopped at Franks Hotdog Stand for one all the way. The truck driver at the grain elevator is on his way there too. Happy New year.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 1/1/2007
Wind Chill: 34°F
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 32°F

So Far Today
High: 44°F
Low: 38°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 11mph NW

High: 56 °F
Low: 32 °F
Today High: 55 Mostly sunny. Cooler. Highs in the mid 50s. North winds around 10 mph.
Tonight Low: 32 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Light and variable winds.

For breakfast today, I'll have the ham and eggs.
HAMEGGS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.