Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pennman

pennman Member

Hey all,
    Cold wet morning in TN, trying to recover from x-mas day.Cant believe the grandkids wore me out that bad.LOL
    After the holidays its back to work full steam ahead on the addition.
    Right now just need to get over xmas and prep for new years.
    Yall have fun,
  2. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Good morning all, got o spend part of the day yesterday with 2 of my grand kids! Messed with the train a little last night. Just being lazy today!

3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, dog has been out, coffee is done but I'm only on my first cup, 34, supposed to hit 40, think I'm going to put my foam down today.

Have a great one.

4. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning all. In a rush but wanted to stop by. Sunny and cool. Later
  5. pennman

pennman Member

Well dont know what to think latley been in the 50's and going to be warmer tomorrow.
    Hope everyone had a great holiday.
    Mike must be away havnt seen any coffee and donuts latley.
    Yall have fun,
  6. Chief Eagles

Morning. On the way to Raleigh town. Going to visit Jerry [Miss Edna's right hand] in rehab. Hope he comes home soon. Sunny but cool. Have a good one.
  7. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning! More sheet rock today, may try to get the foam on the layout....

8. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah - been sleeping in since I go to bed late, because i pick up the kid from work.. At Midnight :( Then I get to sleep at 1:00 AM and wake up at 6:30.... So hardly going to be online in the mornings, now, but I'll try :D :D :D

9. kokoracer

kokoracer Member

All I got for Xmas

All i got for Christmas was a computer that went bust. Thought that it would put an end to the on line railroad adventure. A friend came up with a used PC for the best price of all. Free! It would not take my ISP, so I fired them and changed.

Stopped by the LHS and picked up three #4 switches for my yard. My #1 Main line is now 80% swapped.from LL to Bachmann road bed track. Talked to the owner about Kato.
    Said it was top quality but about 30% more $$ than the Bachmann. So far few problems with the new track. Most of my derails are due to light cars.

10. Chief Eagles

Morning. In rush again today. Got both tunnel holes through both walls. Mid 60's today and tomorrow. Have a good one.
  11. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

I got up at 8:AM and then took a nap then watched TV. Afterward I watched some more TV and took a nap. After that I fed the dog and got on line and here I am.
  12. Chief Eagles

You top me on being LAZY. :thumb:
  13. nhguy

nhguy Member

Hello, Been watching the snow fall all day out here in Colorado. I did manage to put up some clips for paperwork on my layout. Also put in some repainted heater vents for my kitchen project..
  14. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning all, got about 4" of the white stuff yesterday. Heading to Fargo this morning, going to spend the day with one son and his soon to be, then going to listen to "Sons of Poseidon" tonite. Our son does their sound stuff.

But being in Fargo means I get to go to a Hobby shop!

Have a great day all.

15. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Here's what's on tap for the weather in this area. Broad hint! It's gonna be really wet! Here it is, the End of Decemnber and I have the AC on!

Today's Weather for:
    Sundown, LA 12/30/2006
    Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23
    Wind Chill: 66°F
    Humidity: 94%
    Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
    High: 68°F
    Low: 65°F
    Rain: 3.90"
    Rain Rate: 0.36"/h
    Gust: 33mph SSE

High: 65 °F
    Low: 61 °F
    Important Message: Flash flood watch in effect through this afternoon.
    Now through 08:15 AM CST December 30, 2006

Through 7 AM...scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms will occur over the area alone and east of a line from Toledo bend dam to lake Charles to Cameron. In this area a line of strong thunderstorms will move through the area from Alexandria to Crowley to Grand Chenier and the Rockefeller wildlife refuge. Over the coastal waters...scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms will occur from Marsh Island to Sabine Pass out 60 nautical miles.

Rest Of Today High: 65 Showers and thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the mid 60s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest in the afternoon. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds.
  16. Chief Eagles

Morning all. Warm and sunny but suppose to rain for holiday. Off to Todd's Train Depot. Hope all have a great day.
  17. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I'd follow Big Bambu's routine if I didn't have a layout to WORK ON...!!! There seems to be a lot of sheetrock work going on here...Builders' Convention...??? Big Chief - No see pictures of your trains lately- how're they coming???

Well, you all have...

18. Chief Eagles

Was up to 1 AM wiring switches to aux power and the remotes. Holes in the wall for running trains into the walkin attic. Got straight sections of track today so will try to get started in there with framing benchwork. Got to take down the outside Christmas now. Reversed the sidings and operation on the left side [coming in the main door] of layout. Wife has been home so can not spend all my time on trains [like when she is at work]. Got a "messy" two weeks coming so will no have a lot of train time. Town Board, meetings and visit retired pilot [over night] this coming week, fly to NH for meeting [retirement job] the next.

Cutting holes in plaster walls was a job. The two main lines on the left will go straight through [curved tracks are ther just so I could get distnace for engines to back up too]. Coal siding will curve and go through tunnel. Temp foam portals to help with looks.

Right side main lines will curve and go through portal. Got some straights today to move it more inline,

19. COX 47

COX 47 Member

Hello...This is my first visit to the caboose...I stop by the gauge a couple of times a day but havn't stopped in I am working on a small N scale railroad in our living room and because of Christmas I have the cover on it and the Christmas tree on top of the work and operation has stopped till the new year...I modeled in HO for many years...darn N stuff is so small but the other side you can't see some of the detail..Is there any other N scalers here?...You all have a good Saturday night.....Cox 47
  20. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

We drove down to Buffalo today to visit a hobby shop and Border's and Cracker Barrel. Very cold and wet this morning -- the wipers froze a bit as we set out and there was a touch of snow (not in the forecast) but by 2 o'clock there was blue sky visible and becoming better.
    Couldn't find anything I was desperate for in the Hobby shop came home with a bunch of DVDs and a micrometer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.