Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part I

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by Chief Eagles, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Morning. Back from Sunday School and walk around the pond area. Re-did my track plan yesterday. Wanted to build more benchwork but got Rolesville Christmas Parade. Got to ride on Town Board float. :wave: Then we might go see the new Nativity movie. Suppose to be cold and windy tomorrow. Will build some then. Got Sheriff's victory party tomorrow evening early and then rush back for Town Board. Went to Todd's Train Depot and bought a bunch of switches. Got to buy 11 more. :eek: :cry: Have a good one.
  2. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Finally recovered from yesterday's trip. Went to Buffalo to see A Prairie Home Companion. That's me in the sing-along that's doing bass harmony off=key.
    We were going to a hobby shop and a Border's that are almost side-by-side. Turned out the power had been down since the day before. Took a picture of Santa in the caboose and a couple of reindeer, then went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Returned and spent time in mall because power still off. Last try -- power was on; hobby shop open but bookstore still closed. Then we went downtown for the show. Saw Buffalo streetcars for the first time. Lovely theatre; terrific show.
    US border guard asked us for the keys and then inspected the trunk -- was doing it to everybody. Canadian customs lost interest when we had no alcohol or tobacco.

Spanky: how do you hold the track down on the foam?
  3. Chief Eagles

Lucky fellow. Always wanted to see A Prairie Home Companion. Saw the movie. Listen to it on radio. You can with hold all that cold air you are sending down South. :rolleyes:
  4. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Hi Guys,
    Just recovering from our club's display yesterday.
    Our club set up displays at the Prescott Resort where they hold the worlds largest Gingerbread display.
    First two are photos of our N scale modular layout.
    The third is our On30 modular layout.
    The last 2 are a couple of the other club member's displays.

Attached Files:

5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Good Morning Everyone. It is a ccccooollllldddd 12 degrees here today. Right now it is SNOWING!!! It is not supposed to get out of the 20's for the rest of the week. Now is the time to stay inside and work on those trains of mine. You all have a Great Day.

6. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

I wonder why I am suddenly unable to directly access this thread when I am notified there is a message. It has not happened about three times and each time it is in response to a message from Chief Eagles:curse: I can get on otherwise, just not by a direct reply to the notification:cry:
  7. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Morning everyone! A nice 3 out this morning.....aint supposed to get them temps till January....messing with my new GP38 this morning.

Have a great day!

8. Chief Eagles

Morning. In the low 40's and about all she will do today. Suppose to be windy with low wind chills. Got to get out to table saw and cut more lumber to keep up the benchwork building. Bob, I've taken over the forum. :thumb: [not really] Hope all have a great week.
  9. Chessie6459

In the past 4 hours it has only gotten up to 14 degrees. I do not like this cold weather.
  10. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave. Up to 30 already........well it seems like a heat wave after single digits and a biting wind for the past several days sign1
  11. pennman

pennman Member

Morning all, Its a nice crisp 19 deg here in nashville TN, Good weather to get some inside stuff done.
    Hey Mike, If you get bored your more than welcome to come down here and help me hang drywall in the new train room..
    I'll supply the coffe and donuts
  12. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Nope he can come here and help tear out old walls, put in new insulation and wiring.....then help hang sheet rock!!!!!

13. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Been gone a while but it is good to be back.

I missed the Caboose.
  14. Chessie6459

Good to see you back Gil.:wave: :wave:
  15. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

well, looks like today was my last day working day shift, starting tomarrow i will be working 2nd shift as a lead man, and i nice rase to boot., so now ill beable to come into the caboose more
  16. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

We use finishing deck screws #6. It is about 1 3/4" long and fits thru the holes in the tracks. These have heads that also fit in MTH realtrack. That is what I orginally bought them for.

If you put enough of them in, the track holds its place. Do remember, this part of the layout is only tempary for our open house and Christmas Display.

When we build the finial layout, the track will be mounted on 1/2" foam and 1/2" plywood. I have found this to be the best for noise reduction.

And now for other good things.

Today we recieved 7" of the white stuff and only had a high of 25 deg. Over night low was 17 deg and they say we can get another 7 or 8" tomorrow morning and I have to go to Grand Rapits again.:rolleyes:

17. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Me too - - But it happens all the time - I click the link then click on "Last" in the page listing at the top of the forum....
  18. N Gauger

...and those temps are coming to visit us here in the East - on Friday :( :(
  19. N Gauger

Nice Pics!!!!!!
  20. N Gauger

Glad you're back, Gil!! Hope you feel better!!! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.