Building of GREMIR HMS Onslow

B-Manic

Peripheral Visionary
Nov 27, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Your ship is looking very fine. The hull fix really looks good. Are you glad you started over now?

jnyoun said:
So, now it is time to work on 'side frame' because I have attach an anchor...

A good news is that I just fixed it in 30 min like a charm !!!! Just glue the top and bottom edges.. What a great tip !!! Thanks a lot for the tip...

Here comes the ship with fixed side frame...

jnyoun

Apr 19, 2007
When I started to build this ship, I had a chance to talk with my wife where the ship will be displayed- on the top of a piano, a fireplace or TV? Well, I wanted to reserve a place first. :)

At that time, I remember what my wife said firmly:

"Don't even think about it (here it means 'display') if you cannot make a very very nice ship!! It should be really good if you want to display it at home"

This is one of the reasons why I really wanted to make a nice one....

A few days ago, my wife confirmed that the ship is beautiful and we can buy even a 'display case (expensive)' if I want. Well, 'display case' is too much for now, I said. :)

Sure, I am so happy to rebuild this ship and it was a right decision.

My wife's other comment:

The ship is really beautiful. It is amazing that just 'paper' can turn into this detailed materpiece(?)....However, the most amazing thing is not the ship itself. It is 'people (including me)' who build this kind of things from paper..

In summary, I have a permission to display this ship in my living room... :)

Let's celerabrate !!!!!!!!!

SCEtoAux

Jul 28, 2004
USA
Slowly but surely we will conquer the Universe!
allhailyl8.gif

Tunny

Papermodeler
Mar 15, 2006
Saigon, Vietnam
shoki2000 said:
Pages of the model are formatted in a way that they can be printed on both A4 and Letter size paper without cropping.

Sorry, i just want to know which size Jnyoun chooses, because when i print it in format A4, the ladders and the railings are too small and it's impossible to do (as myself). Thanks.

jnyoun

Apr 19, 2007
In my case, I printed in 'Letter' size paper which is a standard size in USA and the railings and ladder in the templates turned out to be exact for me. Here are the pictures for your reference...

railings

Tunny

Papermodeler
Mar 15, 2006
Saigon, Vietnam
Thanks for replying, so we don't need to do exactly like the model shows ? and all parts in this page we should do ourselves ? because i cannot find these details in the file. And the length of you ship (? cm) ?
Sorry for my stupid question.

jnyoun

Apr 19, 2007
shoki2000 said:
Tunny,
I do not believe I sold you the model directly - would you mind telling me how did you obtain it?

Uh...uh.....

I thought there should be a security code attached to the a specific computer. And, the code should be received from Shoki2000. How can someone print it without a security code? Interesting... Or, Tunny might use a different name when he purchased it

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
jnyoun said:
Uh...uh.....

I thought there should be a security code attached to the a specific computer. And, the code should be received from Shoki2000. How can someone print it without a security code? Interesting... Or, Tunny might use a different name when he purchased it

You are correct. The only way for Tunny to had the electronic version of the Onslow is if somebody purchased it for him and also handled registration for him.
I would like to know this for recordkeeping and tech support in the future.
If something goes wrong with his computer or the file and he asks for help, I will have to refuse it since he did not purchase the model. If I have this info, then I will simply replace the name of the purchaser for his and no problem at all.

Tunny

Papermodeler
Mar 15, 2006
Saigon, Vietnam
shoki2000 said:
Tunny,
I do not believe I sold you the model directly - would you mind telling me how did you obtain it?

It wasn't me who bought it, I asked one of my familly' members in USA bought it for me and printed it in format A4, that's why I always think the file is not correct because i cannot find the details of Raillings and Ladders... You know, it's too difficult for a vietnamese to buy these models and I have only one hope is to ask help from my old oncle :( .
Sorry if that makes you angry.

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
Tunny,
That's not a problem. I needed this info only for recordkeeping, but since you only have the printed version the tech support does not apply here.

Every page of the model will print exactly the same on A4 and Letter size paper. The only size issue that might crop into the model is that DataViewer was not customized for printing on this specific computer/printer combination. Most printers introduce some size distortion to the printouts so the test page should be printed first and results should be entered into the appropriate fields so the output of the software will match exactly the printer used.

Did all the ships your uncle bought were for you? if yes, then you will have a lot of building ahead of you :wink:

Tunny

Papermodeler
Mar 15, 2006
Saigon, Vietnam
shoki2000 said:
Tunny,
Did all the ships your uncle bought were for you? if yes, then you will have a lot of building ahead of you :wink:

Yeah, a lot of building and a lot of difficulty, i try to build the Onslow. One day ( i don't know exactly, maybe long long longtime ) I will post my work.

Thank you and thank my dear old uncle.