1701-E Bridge. Testbuild Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulhbell

Floor.

First photo.

I thought I would do a side by side with the 'D' bridge so watchers can get an idea of size, compaired with the 'D' model.

The floor is made up from 4 pieces, easy. I have used 160gsm card for the first floor. On the 'D' I had really bad problems with 'bleed through' with the glue, when I joined the floor parts together, but I seamed to have overcome it this time. I have bought better card though.

Next up is the raised floors. I have other models on the go at the moment, star trek original bridge and finishing sleeping beauty castle with my niece, so I'm busy, but hopefully updated tomorrow night.
DSCF0003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
sdhlaw1701, you're welcome. I love papermodels as do we all here. I just like designing them too. Plus I get a kick out of seeing them built.

Paul, looks great buddy, scale looks about right too eh?

P

paulhbell

An update.

Ok, first up is the first raised floor, went together good. Only problem was that part number 2d was about 3mm too long. It was easy enough to fix, just cut it short.

Second photo is me showing off a little, original, 'D' and 'E' bridges.

DSCF0004.jpg DSCF0006.jpg

P

paulhbell

I don't know why, but my photo's should be bigger. I am shooting them at 2meg and they are full screen on my end, but when I post them they come out small.

I have also just noticed all the tab offcuts in one of the photos. I think I should clean up.

P

paulhbell

Nothing, the resizing thing isn't a bad idea. It used to annoy me when I opened a thread and then a HUGE photo opend up, so that I had to scroll right to see all the photo. And I have a 19'' desktop monitor, think what it's like for the guys with 15'' and 17''.

P

paulhbell

Floor.

Nearly finished the floor. I have finished the parts for the floor that I am going to do for now. Parts 7,8,9,10, I am going to make up and glue in after the wall have been put in. No reason why, I just wanted a change, so on to the walls.

The photo is of the last floor parts. I am have a bit of trouble with 'flatness'. So before I glue the floor parts together I am going to glue thick card underneath the floor parts. This problem should not have happened, as I have used good quality thick card and a good quality glue. But it also happened on my 'D' build and I did the same thing with the floors. That bridge is really strong and will last a long time, so hopefully it will work on this build.

DSCF0009.jpg

P

paulhbell

Back wall

While building the back wall. I think I've found the problem that skip was talking about on page one of this thread. Look at scaned photo. It's easy to fix, I am just going to print another big floor piece off and cut a strip off that. It may need fixing for the final version, it's not a big deal though.

Nov11_01.JPG

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
That's the part. I can fix that by cutting the left half off, copying and mirroring the right hand half to replace the dud. No biggy at all. As you see in my pics, the rest of the rear wall is fine.

P

paulhbell

Just a quick update today. Back wall console. It look's flat in the photo, but it fit's the curve of the deck ok.

I now have a flat deck as well. Photo to come.

I am going to work around the walls clockwise, so next up is the turbo lift door.

Over the next couple of days I am going to get into this project more, so more progress should be made and faster.

DSCF0010.jpg

P

paulhbell

Thanks Skip. I'm getting a move on now. I'll post some pic's later.

P

paulhbell

Accident!

On Saturday, we had a bit on an accident with the glue tub. I was helping my niece with her sleeping beauty castle (pics to come), she got glue all over the blue carpet, see first photo, compare with post number 26 on page 2. It's easy to repair, I'll call the carpet fitters the come and fit another carpet.

She was a bit upset though, as she had already found that part of her castle was damaged and we were trying to fix that.

Other pics are of more walls, all is going well and still no problems. All fitting together very good so far.

I have started to glue the walls to the upper floor, but I have not glue the floor parts together until I recarpet the floor.

DSCF0022.jpg DSCF0023.jpg DSCF0024.jpg

S

Starship Builder

very nice well exept for the carpet you should go laminate florring easier to clean up lol

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
LOL! Yeah, laminate is the future when kids are concerned. ;)

Looks great buddy. Those little food replicators were my favourite part of the whole model. I don't know why, I just loved 'em. :)

Great work buddy. I'm happy as a kid in a candy shop seeing new pics of this. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.