Greyhound

Sorry if already said, but where can this ship be found, the model I mean.

Your doing it a great service with this build, I agree, add the shown battle damage.
i may well just do the damage....its in the right area lol anndddd sent you aa message lol

Reactions: micahrogers
little more progress - ships boats done ready to be mounted on their rigs - im cutting new ones from thicker card as the ones suggested in the kit are from thick wire - the real things are quite chunky (used to raise and lower the boats to the water) the combat lighting painted on the main mast and the battle damage to the rear side guns shown, painted with acrylics (vallejo smoke & black) drybrushed and diluted. On to the next bit lol :hammerhead:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 4
thanks, its coming along slowly, i think the next ship build will be better but its all a learning curve :toast:
Too right you are. This hobby as a whole is indeed a learning curve.
When I built my first professional template (it was the Buck Rogers Thunder Fighter), it turned out to be a "dog's dinner". I must have built that template 20+ times, before I figured out what it was that I was doing wrong. However, each time that I built it, I learned something new. Not only that, but this forum and the members of it, taught me a great deal more as well.

Too right you are. This hobby as a whole is indeed a learning curve.
When I built my first professional template (it was the Buck Rogers Thunder Fighter), it turned out to be a "dog's dinner". I must have built that template 20+ times, before I figured out what it was that I was doing wrong. However, each time that I built it, I learned something new. Not only that, but this forum and the members of it, taught me a great deal more as well.
i dont think we ever get done learning, especially when it comes to hobbies lol

So one of the crew members tried to make some coffee in the pressure cooker. I guess he will never be allowed to step into the caboose again.

:animated:

Great effect! It adds a lot of character to the model. :)

i dont think we ever get done learning, especially when it comes to hobbies lol
Too right you are. It's the details which push us forward. Our skills will never be perfect, because if they were, there wouldn't be room for improvement. We all grow with our experience. So keep up the great work! :)

• Haha
Reactions: mijob and seraphim
So one of the crew members tried to make some coffee in the pressure cooker. I guess he will never be allowed to step into the caboose again.

:animated:

Great effect! It adds a lot of character to the model. :)

Too right you are. It's the details which push us forward. Our skills will never be perfect, because if they were, there wouldn't be room for improvement. We all grow with our experience. So keep up the great work! :)
either that or even the Germans hated what was on the dinner menu again lmao :laughrolling:

• Haha
Reactions: Revell-Fan
annnndddd you guessed it: its the latest news on the Greyhound build:
added the central torpedo launchers, one more to go. bit more detailing, a pair of sirens that sit on the top of the forward smoke stack and the 'crows nest' - these are two cylinder like devices that are perched somewhat awkwardly at the front of the stack, one slightly larger than the other. The ships mast has had a small radar added and the mounts for what will be the ships 'combat lighting. At the top of the mast sits the main radar antenna array with what will be 2 more sets of lights. The main radar array is included in this kit and will be built shortly. Then we have a few support struts that go under the bridge and down to the deck (the outer ones have a life raft on each). I had a bit of a disaster when my keyboard slipped and landed directly on the ship, destroying two of the small calibre guns that sit next to the centre (forward facing) main gun. im in two minds as to what to do with this - repairing would be the obvious choice but in the film the 'Greyhound' takes a direct hit in this area from return fire of a U Boat so i may reflect this here :bulgeeye: Ill soon be on to the main communication cabling that runs from the mast around the ship - this is all rigging :sadno: The model is a great representation of the real ship, my only niggle is that its a 'general' version - so if you want to get specific youll need to put the detailing yourself - i hope my first attempt at a warship does this some (some) justice - certainly not perfect lol Anyway heres the pics and ill update again soon.
Groovy!

• Love
Reactions: seraphim