Fullard Glass Co.

That's what I love about this forum. People can post pictures of their "artwork in progress" and we can see it happening!

I get so impressed and overwhelmed when I see the scratchbuilding that you all do. What you did here it great. It takes a great deal of imagination to take a picture and replicate a 3-D structure from it.

Hoping someday I can muster the courage to do the same.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks guys for your kind comments. Judy, once you start scratchbuilding you will find it easy to do as long as you do it in a step by step mode.
Ralph, I don't use a template but lay each section out on a piece of cardboard and assemble it then place it on the model
You can sort of see my method here where I am making a distribution point that will be on the end of a conveyor.
The first photo shows the shape I have drawn on cardboard and some of the pieces cut out

Attachments

• gl12.jpg
    gl12.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 200
There are three metal chimneys to make. They have raised joints and I was wondering how to do it and finally used button thread.
Hope it will turn out OK. Anyone with other ideas?

Attachments

• gl22.jpg
    gl22.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 223
Robin. The thread idea seems ok. Is it posssible to use small rubber bands. That woud take a extra trip to the stationary store. Or maybe Michaels, or depending how small the pipe is maybe cut straws.

Thanks for the suggestions Dick. I kept on working with the button thread as well as working on the three conveyors.
The metal chimneys worked out ok and here I am just fitting the conveyors and cutting them to size.

Attachments

• gl23.jpg
    gl23.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 210
Robin, this is simply fantastic! :cool: :cool: :cool:

What you call 'some added stuff' - it's those little details that are making a masterpiece out of an already great model.

Ron

Ron's right. The details on your model are what sets it apart from the ordinary. Everytime someone looks at a structure that is finely done with great detail, they will always see something new that they never saw before, no matter how many times they have viewed it previously.

I said before in a previous post that you had alot of imagination, but I should have said great skill and patience.