What sunsets?

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by TrainsWinnipeg, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Do you have to share with the members here.Lets see those picturesannounce1

2. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

...as the train fades slowly in the west... NICE one!

3. FiatFan

FiatFan Member

Here's one of mine.

4. 2 more from me.

5. railohio

railohio Active Member

Eastbound stacks through Deshler, Ohio in April of 2004.
  6. galt904

galt904 Member

Is the Canadian really that long???!!!! Awesome sight! :)
  7. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

30 cars - that's one of the longest passenger trains in the world! I had no idea...
  8. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Here's one I scanned from a slide. Wish it were better.

Attached Files:

9. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

The Canadian gets pretty long sometimes, although it may only have 8 cars the same week. If you could see, there is one baggage car and only 2 coaches; most of the rest are sleepers, with some domes (guess which ones) and diners. The cars where you can see windows cut into the letterboard are Chateau cars, with duplex roomettes; the other sleepers are Manor cars with flat roomettes. Manor cars are the standard for this train, with the others used when it gets long. Chateau cars are standard east of Montreal.
  10. nolatron

nolatron Member

Lead track into KCS' Yard on Airline Drive in Metairie, LA

NS Mainline along Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA

And Amtrak's Crescent arriving into New Orleans right after I took the above.
  11. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Those shots are all fantastic but I want to see one with a tornado in the background now! :eek::mrgreen:
  12. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!! These are super duper fantabulously wonderful pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, this is one of my favourite times of the day to get a pic, wish I had a better camera though!
  13. beamish

beamish HO & Steam Engineer

My sunset

Here is one of my favorite pictures. It is not a picture of a train but it is a picture of a major supporting industry to Canadian prairie rail lines. This was taken as my father finished leveling the grain truck, before we took the final load of wheat to the elevator, as the last load of the harvest of 2005.
  14. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

beutiful pics guys,shots of engines at dusk make it seem...magical.these could easily be artist oil paintings in a museum..well atleast some railfans basement! sign1--josh
  15. FiatFan

FiatFan Member

Here's a few more I found, all taken at Clare, Iowa.

16. MP3CNLettalierSub

MP3CNLettalierSub Existing!

Here's a few sunsets I have here

Not the best, but there's some sunsetting atmosphere in there!
  17. msowsun

msowsun Member

Very Interesting photo. Can you tell us where and when it was taken?

Up until now, the longest "Canadian" I had seen was about 26 cars with 2 "Skyline" dome cars. This train has 3 or is it 4! Is it a Via Rail Canadian?
  18. Actually its 5 dome cars. There is one right up front with the 3 FP40h's.
    And i believe this one was 34 cars. And its always VIA in this part of the country. CP Rail's Canadian only runs from calgary to Vancouver i think.
  19. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

TrainsWinnipeg, that's wierd, I thought the Canadian was a trans- continental train that ran from Halifax to Vancouver over three days.
  20. nolatron

nolatron Member

Another oldie I found.

The sun sets on the NS Backbelt in New Orleans, LA at the Canal Street overpass.