Warr updates

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Xaniel, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

Well, finally I was able to buy a new digital camera. It's a SONY DSC-P52. It's a wonder full camera, but with a huge menu, so it's all in auto yet...

here's some pics of some developmento of my layout :)

2. nalmeida

nalmeida Member

Congratulations, it's a great layout you got there, I like specially the weathered tracks. Another thing I like is the fact that this layout gives you the oportunity to run two trains in diferent directions wich give a great effect.
    Keep showing your progress.
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Looking good Luis! Keep us posted. :)
  4. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

Looking fine Luis, guess it's time to balast this nice painted tracks.

5. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Great layout, I like the rust colored tracks too!

6. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

i'm amazed with some pics that my camera takes! i think it was the best thing i bought in the last couples months!

here's a sample! it's a pitty that there isn't a back drop! i think i'll make one just for photos.

Attached Files:

7. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Looking good Luis.
  8. Cinnibar

Cinnibar Member

Your Layout

Nice layout! What is the locale......Portugal? Just wondering. It would be interesting if you could tell us a bit about the railroads in Portugal. What do they haul? Do they still run passenger trains? What guage and is there any narrow gauge? Is your layout depicting a particular place in Portugal? Stuff like that. Anyway, nice work and "HOWDY" from El Paso, Texas! :wave:
  9. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Looks good. Is that a Deutsch Ban Loco?
  10. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

It's good to see your progress Luis. Your new camera sure takes nice pictures.
  11. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

thanks for your comments.

CN1, it's a DB loco alright. It's a V160, number 001.

Cinnibar, our railroads houl anything that can be on rails. We still have passenger trains, since it's one of our main way of transportation. Our government just made a agreement with Spain to put TGV trains here. our gauge is 1435mm and the narrow gauge is a metric one.
    you can find more info of my layout at http://xaniel.webhs.org/~warr/index.htm

thanks you all.

just one more pic: added some earth to the road bed beafore ballasting (beafore that, i still need to add overhead).

Attached Files:

12. nalmeida

nalmeida Member

Few more things about Portuguese Railroads

Just to complement information given by Luis, we only have one Railroad Company, it's name is CP it's owned in majority by portuguese government. In our tracks we can also see trains from Refer (Spanish Company) namely the talgo wich does international services. There are also some tracks on the nothern part of Portugal that run Steam locomotives but only for touristical purposes but I can assure to you all that is one of the most beautifull and unforgetable trip you could ever wish to participate in. For everyone interested most of the trains we have at service today can be found in the portuguese company official page here:

I go to work everyday, well every working day :) , in one of these:

Very confortable and reliable, that I can confirm :)

EDIT. Well I forgot to add, I'm currently researching small industrial railroads here in Portugal. We use to had some minning companies extracting wolfram, pirites (I don't know how to tranlate this one) and some rocks, most of them might have had small railroads for transporting the goods but unfortunately documentation in this areas are prety hard to find, but I'll try to "dig" until I find something.
  13. Portuguese Railroads...

My friends from Portugal... What a shame!!!:eek: You really made several changes from our country, which I must correct...

Xaniel, our standard gauge is 1668 mm.. Iberic Gauge, as it is called, since our gauge is wider than the european. We have the same gauge than our spanish neighbours. We still have a few kilometres in metric gauge.

In terms of companies we have CP (Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses - Portuguese Railroad) and Fertagus (which is exploring the North-South Axle) between Lisbon and Fogueteiro in the south border of Lisbon, and are preparing to expand to Pinhal Novo, further South. In the metric gauge, besides CP, we still have Metro de Mirandela (exploring the narrow gauge between Mirandela (in Tras os Montes province) and a small town near Bragança also in Tras os Montes.

Nalmeida, the Spanish company is called Renfe, not REFER... (which is the portuguese railroad builder and the manager of all the structures in which the CP and Fertagus trains run)

In Portugal we have everyday two Talgo services, one from, one to Madrid. We also have a daily circulation called Sud-Express with mixed Portuguese CP and Spanish Renfe coaches... this train is the long running train across Iberia (go on... kill me...:D ) (Iberia = Portugal + Spain)

I hope I cleared things up. One of this days, I guess I'll post in The Gauge one topic only on Portuguese Railroads...
  14. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

Ok, Ok, don't be mad with me... so I missed the gauge... Weel, we're always learning.

So to soove this error I made this video.

please, thoughts about it are most welcome.

15. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

hmmmmm, modelo não perfeito? :D :D :D

Very nice picutes Luis! I love the weathering you've done on the track! Amazing what pictures you are getting using automatic settings. Very nice.

An easy photo background that always looks good is just some plain blue paper.
  16. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

You may also find some backgrounds to print out here:

Thanks to Mikey for giving me the link! You ROCK babe! There are some really great pan shots there that could simply be printed out for small and portable layouts.
  17. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

Well, here are the latest progress photos of my layout.

I think it's really cool this layout.

Ricardo Correia made me the station platforms, and they are great. I'm already imagining some great mini-scenes here.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      File size:
      27.4 KB
  18. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      File size:
      34.4 KB
  19. Xaniel

Xaniel Member