Viper Car, by @Revell Fan.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Nice! I knew you had excellent skills, my friend!
The last commission I did, was for a retired aerospace engineer, He retired when McDonell bought North American, AMT produced a 1/72nd scale XB-70 Valkyrie, the gentleman had worked on airframe no 2, he paid for the model and supplies, I built it to my best, and when I dropped it off to him, He was almost crying just seeing it. We had agreed on $1200 for the build, but seeing his face when I delivered it, I told him no charge, it was my pleasre.

• Love
Reactions: Awry_Chaos

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
The last commission I did, was for a retired aerospace engineer, He retired when McDonell bought North American, AMT produced a 1/72nd scale XB-70 Valkyrie, the gentleman had worked on airframe no 2, he paid for the model and supplies, I built it to my best, and when I dropped it off to him, He was almost crying just seeing it. We had agreed on $1200 for the build, but seeing his face when I delivered it, I told him no charge, it was my pleasre.
I'd love to see you do a paper model of the XB-70. That was one amazing aircraft!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You could have taken a generic Viper model and just added some wheels, but you really captured the shape and feel of the actual "Viper Car" and captured it well. I still don't know why he didn't go with a single wheel up front. The weight is on the two wheeled end, so it would have steered fine. Great Job Marcel!! :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
If she finds out, just tell her it was only for the handicapped...

:animated:
Ohh she knows, she watched me grab her box and cut a side out... :bulgeeye: she was just gonna use the box to block the window at night anyway... Planes coming in to land at San Diego International head straight toward our building before turning onto final.