Update on my bridge scene....

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by trainsteve2435, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Hello everyone, just thought i would post a couple of update pictures of my bridge and river scene as it is so far. As you can see, i have some of the rock castings colored and some textureed ground cover added in some spots. I also went down to my local river and got some river sand to add to my river bottom. I still have a good way to go as far as detailing, but its getting there. As always, all comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Love it! I've got my fly rod out, Waiting for water.....
  3. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

That looks really good!
  4. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Looks great Steve! Plant some trees and bushes along the river banks, maybe a tree in the middle of the river to hide the joint between the backdrop and the river.
  5. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

Some water and vegetation and it should be great. Looks very good so far. I like the rocks you have done.
  6. jr switch

jr switch Member

Shows what an accomplished modeler can do with a little help from his friends. I love it because you ended up with exactly what you wanted, a very realistic looking river with a turn under a bridge in the foreground! With trees and underbrush along the banks and good coverage where the river meets the backdrop, I think this will be one of the focal points of your layout. Good job! John R
  7. Illus

Illus Member

Thats looking great!
  8. OnTrack

OnTrack Member

Good work Steve, looks professional.
  9. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

That looks great so far, can't wait to see some more progress:thumb: :D :D :thumb: :thumb:
  10. Well, heres a couple more showing my first layer of water as well as some old trees that fell. :wave:

Attached Files:

11. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

Very nice. Are you going to put more water in there? :thumb:
  12. sidetracked

sidetracked Member

awesome,, I have been following your project since your first post on the bridge,,, you should be charging a learning fee,,,it is looking great and im sure I will be going back to it a lot for ideals along the way,,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,,,, st
  13. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Those river rocks/sand look great and the water is lookin good. For my rivers, I got some of the sand from my neighbors brickwall project. There was some left over when the wall was finished and it is perfect for river bottoms. I sifted it and now I have very fine sand and river rocks.
  14. kirkendale

kirkendale Member

Steve, looks great. I think you will have a great scene when all is done because you have a great one now. I like the old trees. looking forward to seeing more...
    :thumb: kj
  15. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

No that looks really good. What kind of water are you using? Are you using scotch tape as a dam for it?
  16. Amrap1

Amrap1 Member

Inquiring mines are waiting.....

17. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

:thumb: Looks great! Wanna help with mine?????sign1
  18. Thanks everyone for the compliments, i really appreciate them. Oldtanker, i would be more than happy to lend a hand any way i can. Glen, im useing WS Real water in a bottle, and yes, i am useing tape, but it didnt hold very well as you can tell by the little streaks running down my fascia.:oops: Anyways, thanks once again and ill add some more pictures as i go.
  19. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

Thanks for the pics and info. Keep them coming :D:D:D:D Very good job :)
  20. viperman

viperman Active Member

Very nice looking. How deep is the water going to be?