Track and Train Blueprints

Elite Lancer

Nov 9, 2005
I'm finally getting to work on my virtual model railroad (island). I'm building all the 3D models in the virtual railroad myself and I need some help trying to get dimensions and measurements for a nice realistic effect. The biggest thing I need blueprints for is the actual track itself down to the little details. I also need some blueprints for some trains. In the end the train that I'm going to use I'm going to create myself as a part of my own design but I need some background for how other trains are put together.

I've found some good blueprints in places but most of them lack enough detail or the dimensions I need to make due. So if you know any places I could try looking or any books I should try I'd greatly appreciate it.

Elite Lancer

Nov 9, 2005
I couldn't really find that much from that site. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Like one thing that would be useful is a cutout view of a piece track along with dimensions. I'm actually trying to find dimensions for what it is like in real life not in a scaled model.