Today is The Day!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by McFortner, Jul 22, 2003.

1. McFortner

McFortner Member

Well, as of 10am EDT, Kate and I am proud homeowners! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And the good news is my mortgage payments is $75 less a month than my rent for more space plus a yard! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ok, so I am EXTREMELY HAPPY!!!!!

Let the moving begin.... :eek:[
  2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Fantastic; remember hte feeling well. I hope the move goes well and you get plenty of train room uhhhhhmmmmm negotiated :D :D :D
  3. Partsman

Partsman Member

That is good news, Mike.

Make sure the area for the trains is roped off BEFORE the little lady makes plans for it. :)
  4. McFortner

McFortner Member

Too late. She has already planned on the 3rd bedroom for the little one we are expecting in March.

A little good news/a little bad I guess! ;)

5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Congratulations Mac! What a great feeling it must be. I hope you are all very happy in your new home.

All the best
  6. Strthoky

Strthoky Member

congrats!!! I am dying for a house with a basement.... my wife already informed me that I am being evicted from my current train room... well guess we are moving faster than my wife plans.... she made the promise of giving me most of the basement in the next house we move to... hmmm hope she doesn't have mee hoodwinked and is looking into a house on a slab :D
  7. interurban

interurban Active Member

Congats Micheal. I hope it will be a happy home for you and yours.:)
  8. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That has to be a pleasent feeling. I am pleased for you and your family.:D :D :D :D

D:D N
  9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Congrats Michael! :D :D :D
  10. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

It must make you feel great saving money but having a home of your own is priceless
  11. belg

belg Member

Micheal that is great news, I would like to pass on a little info that I wish someone would have told me years ago. Since you said that your paying $75 less per month once things get a little more settled take that "extra money" and put it towards your principal and you'll have your house paid off years before the scheduled due date. Just make sure that your mortgage company allows this type of payoff. Good luck with the house and the expected blessed event (new train room) and oh by the way hope your baby is healthy and happy as well.Pat:D :D ;)
  12. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Congratulations and good luck with the new house.
  13. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Nice work Mike.
    It took us 25 years and 2 moves, but we now have ours paid off (as of a year ago.)
    Put the $75 aside somewhere. Of course, you'll be spending it on all the little things you didn't know you needed.
  14. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Congratulations Michael. When the kid gets a few years older, be sure to let it know you gave up your train room for it. Ah, maybe it would be better if you said nothing and keep pease in the family.
    You can save the $75 to pay the taxes and insureance. For some reason I sound like a party pooper tonight.
  15. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Way To Go!

Many hearty congratulations to you and your family, Michael! Having your own home is a wonderful thing.
  16. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Congrats Mac!!!!!! :D :D :D :D Best of Luck all around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. McFortner

McFortner Member

I forgot to post these pictures of the house when I first posted. Silly me.

BTW, that is my son Daniel in the pictures.

Attached Files:

18. McFortner

McFortner Member

And the rear....

Attached Files:

19. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I love that screened in TRAIN ROOM!
  20. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Nice looking house Mac.