Today is The Day!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by McFortner, Jul 22, 2003.

1. jkristia

jkristia Member

is that a basement? congrats with you new house.
  2. interurban

interurban Active Member

Michael ,,, I think you both have made a wise choise:D cause I love it.
    And I think your son loves it to judging by that BIG smile:D
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Nice to see your house Michael. Those beautiful trees at the back must make sitting in the screened room a real pleasure. Is it a ravine behind you as the land sure seems to slope down at the back. Will make lawn mowing fun.
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I kinda get a bit jelous when I see trees butting up to someones back yard. We have our own kind of beauty here in the desert and the sunsets are outstanding, but I'm not too sure I wouldn't trade it all for a scene like that.

Tall trees and a screened-in train porch. Wow, what more could you ask for?:D

D:cool: N
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Congrats, Michael!
    The house looks great!
    :) :cool: :cool: :)
  6. McFortner

McFortner Member

Well, since the porch faces south, the rain comes in the side. So it could be a train room if I don't mind my train layout being a train museum! Rusted rails, rusted out units, yep just like the real thing! :)

Nope, no basement yet. One of these days we may dig out some under the house and add a room. A train room if possible.

7. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

Congratulations Michael! That looks like a great house for a family. At some point, you might be able to enclose the area under the screened porch for a train room. It would be easier than digging out a basement. A few insulated walls, a quick slab floor and a dry ceiling, allowing for drainage from the porch, and you can be in business :D . An auxiliary heating and cooling unit could keep things comfortable...just a suggestion.

Good luck and enjoy owning your own home! There's nothing like it.

8. cpr_paul

cpr_paul Member

Congrats and good luck!
  9. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

I was about to say it looks like some of the houses inland from me.
    Then I saw the back of the house. Ain't none like that.
    Wellll.... maybe the ones on the shorline after a hurricane toke
    away the sand. :rolleyes: ;)

Big Congrats!
    Prayers and Wishes of a wonderful happy home!
    :D :D
  10. absnut

absnut Member

Congratulations to you both.

11. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Congrats, it looks great and I like the idea of enclosing under the porch for the train room!