Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by loenf, Nov 12, 2007.

1. loenf

loenf Member

Hello, here are some Pictures of my new Diorama, the Buck Rogers Thunderfighter. I found the Modell on the following Page: Buck Rogers Thunderfighter - Modellbaubogen Many thanks to the Designer of this very detailed fine Modell. Regards Loenf

Attached Files:

2. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Nice build and display and thanks for the link!
  3. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Great Build, excellent display! Thank's for share!!!!
  4. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Very nice indeed. Hard to see the papermodel in this one. Great build.
  5. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

Oh, what a NIIIIICE kit! I love this craft, one of my favorites. Now if only someone will build the Falcon's ship! :thumb:

Later taters!
  6. Master-Bruce

Good god! I forgot all about him. I loved his ship too as a kid! Got any reference for his ship? I'm always looking for new ideas. :)
  7. tazman3

8. Master-Bruce

Pitty. There's probably a site somewhere. I may have to look into that.
  9. tazman3

If you craft one, I'd be happy to help you beta test...just PM me and let me know!:cool:
  10. Master-Bruce

I'll keep that in mind thanks. :)
  11. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

12. Master-Bruce

Ah Ha!! Nice one, thanks. May have to bump this puppy up the list now. LOL
  13. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Bump away good Sir bump away. Glad it was of use.
  14. Dracofunk

Dracofunk New Member

The Draconia was always my favorite ship from this series. I've also seen a 3d model of the Searcher.
  15. Kjev

Kjev Member

Hawk Pics on Starship Modeler.

I've got pics of Alfred Wong's resin build from Starship Modeler (Starship Modeler - Your Complete Information Source for Science Fiction, Fantasy and Real Space Scale Modeling). You can also search their gallery and get them.

And I LOVE that ship, more than Buck's. Granted Buck was my hero because Buck is actually my given name, but Hawk's ship just kicked butt. I liked how he could grab other ships with the talons.

16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool build............. and thread.

Ah Yes........... I seem to remember Princess Darla and Wilma too!:thumb:

17. Master-Bruce

I started prelim work on a mesh for Hawks ship lastnight. Nothing to show, well, worth showing yet but I'm on it. ;)

Sorry for hijcking this Thunderhwak thread. When I have more to show on the War Hawk, I'll start a thread for it.
  18. clif52

clif52 Banned

Wasn't the Searcher from Buck Rogers the same as one of the cruise ships from Galactica? Just repainted for use in Buck Rogers after Galactica got canceled.
  19. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Hawk blueprints

Hi all,
    I just remembered that Alan Sinclair has some blueprints that he drew available on his website:

Alan graciously let me use his AutoCad Enterprise drawing as a starting place when I designed my model that is hosted by Jon Leslie. Without Alan's drawings, I doubt I could have produced a model with good proportions and detail without his work. I am very grateful for this.

Contact Alan, he may have an update for you or even provide dxf or dwg file for you. He's really a great guy to chat with.

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  20. Master-Bruce

Thanks ron. I have his plans and am basing the model on them.