The Whole Darn Thing

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I should keep muh mouth shut but,...

I should keep muh mouth shut but, here goes.

By the way- I think your post has its own legs Vic.

Notice where it says, "lost their lease with only four surviving members left".

This is all speculation-

Seems to me the surviving members drove off the supporting/active (read as paying for the lease members) members.

I'm only responding as an adjunct to an earlier post regarding clubs, membership, how to belong and why- the 'ole Grand PoohBah syndrome.

It was a hoot to read tho-

'magine- all that good stuff up for sale because there's only a few "surviving" members. looked like a nice place to be, perhaps, but...

..you can't do that, it's in the rules that the four survivng members make all the decisions and we don't want you to do that. Because we said so.

I wonder if the non-surviving members are going to get a cut?

Mark

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I say place a bid- find out (Rent a U-HAUL first)

I say place a bid- find out (Rent a U-HAUL first)

You might get it all for $200.00. Okay- I see the reserve is not met at $102- who's really gonna bid on all that- pardon french- crap- considering the turmoil it'll go thru in dismantling?

These guys are hoping like hell a dream team in a 40' trailer is gonna back up and take it away. Gimme a break! I guess that over $2000 is the real wanted price. Considering why the "club" broke up and my earlier comments- these guys think it's worth far more than that. It ain't worth a damn:(- once you break it all up and place it in a truck.

Remember the commercial about Perdue chickens- parts is parts. It's worth used, beat up parts, useless wire and somebody's idea of locos and frieght cars.

I didn't see an inventory list- what are you "bidding" on????!!!

Is this April 1st:eek: - you got me Vic- good one!!!

Mark:confused:

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
I wonder when that club went DCC if that had anything to do with the down fall?? I know at the club I go to there is strong opposition by the general membership toward DCC..Infact it is so strong we will no longer discuss it at the club's bussiness meetings. I suppose better DC with many members then DCC with very few members..:eek: :D Just a passing thought on why a club with a nice looking layout would end up with 4 members left.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Mark, When I ran across that I thought the same thoughts and found myself asking the same questions...including the one about April Fool's arriving early:D

Caution....read the fine print...the "winner"???:eek: is gonna have to clean out the building too.:eek: :D Wonder if that includes the "non-surviving members" too?????:D

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
$227 and reserve is still not met. And if you have to come and pack it up, how come it says this?

Shipping Information

This item will be shipped by Priority Mail at $5.95, and this includes delivery confirmation! I will not be responsible for shipping damage if Insurance is not paid for
Insurance extra if wanted. Amount depends on the final bid amount and will be included if desired.
I will not be responsible for shipping damage if Insurance is not paid for.

Just wondering....

Michael

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Here the price thats been asked for.
Shamus
wink.gif

Attachments

• reserveauction_312x212.gif
    reserveauction_312x212.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 210

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Actually,...

Actually, these guys are pretty sharp. The HO club I belonged to dismantled a 20' X 35' to make way for a new layout (after 35 years of the original).

Of course, the plan was salvage everything you can- track, lumber, etc. I remember the bundles of useless wood, rat's nests of wire and a lot of scrapped track. Try salvaging track that's been tacked in place, weathered and ballasted for even a couple of years.

If these guys were clever enough to price it right, they unload the whole enchillada, get the building cleaned out for the landlord- don't have to lift a finger, and bank the check!

The winner gets to shell out the transport fee, spend hours and hours dismantling what's required- prolly having to at least cut the thing into sections, have the muscle to get it out of the building, pack it for the road trip and then sweep out the building )prolly have to supply their own trash bags- hint to the winner. The ( there is more), do everyrhing in reverse when they get it home. There's no doubt a time limit to satisfy the closing of the lease. Any damages to the building will be assigned to the winner although since they're not the leasee I doubt if they'd be liable (but I will keep an eye out on Judge Judy!!!).

Then you get it home and start looking at what you have! Junk! I am not negative- just practical. I gotta think that at some moment during the process the guys doing the take down will have that "uh-oh" feeling. As Bugs Bunny once exclaimed while testing 250 lb. bombs with a mallet, "WHAT AM I DOIN"?

In this case- the winner is the loser?

Good Luck fellows~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drop a line and let us know how this turns out.

Perhaps we could contact the seller and winner vias e-mail. Announce their celebrity here. The Gauge picks up a few new members...:eek:

Mark:D

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
At first glance I thought, wow that would be something to win. Then after thinking about it, reading the page and then reading all your posts I came to the realization that I'd really rather forget I ever saw it and tell no one I know about it. For the winner, an all encompassing nightmare whirlwind ride to get it all home - and in nothing but pieces. argh. no thank you.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hmmmmm....

Here is part of the blurb on eBay:

This house MUST be cleaned out by Feburay 15th. No if then or buts. The buyer MUST remove ALL OF IT !!! YOU WILL NOT be able to pick and leave. I do not own it, high bidder will be given the club leaders number. He is willing to do what ever it takes to help and get it out before the bulldozer gets it.

Now tell me - if a bulldozer is coming to level the building, why is it so important that everything be taken? I smell something fishy.....

cheers
:eek: Val

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Sniff, sniff...

Sniff, sniff...

I did a minimal sniffin' around on account of my sluething bone and just happened to click the sellers "me" (about me) link.

They are (the sellers) an estate procurement company. Speculation has evaporated from my mind as far as that goes- I was just tossin' muh two cents for giggles before. Now I sense a more giddy feeling coming on as we're only 2 days away from knowing whether or not there's a winner/loser.

I may have to vote Vic for the "2003- Most Intriguing Post" here at The Gauge. I can not submit an absolute promise to vote for you Vic- but you've made my week. Provided you don't out do yourself- this could be a winner, or was that loser? Winner/loser- ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

You win! I win! I can't wait!!!

:cool:I'd like to place a bet on the winners bein' losers!
:(Sorry, House can't cover ya, the odds have dropped once it was let out that there's a fix.
:cool:k- uhhhm, How about the Superbowl, $20 spot on the...
:(Next window!

i crack me uP!

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Yes Indeed Mark, Its becoming quite clear that the cards are marked, the deck is stacked, the wheel is rigged and the dice are loaded:D The only thing left to lay decent odds on is weather or not eBay "pulls" the auction before completion...if they are even aware of it....they should at least give "trophies" to everyone who is outbid:D :D :D

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
4 Hours 'till...

Gee I hope I haven't built myself uP for a let down. Even if it's just one more bid that doesn't meet the reserve.

This is better than waiting for the ball to drop on New Year's Eve.

I think the "E-Bayers can be stupid" is a real nice dovetail to this piece but- this were the action is!

Come all Ye bidders! Bid! Bid! Bid!

Oh man, I'm losing it.

One more bid! One more bid!

Mark

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Well it ended and the reserve was never met...that was not a surprise!:D

CHUG CHUG CHUG...... The sound of the "bulldozier" coming over the hill!:D :D :D