Still Playing with a new design

bearman

May 18, 2006
As for the pic on your layout thread, I think it is Virginia City. Doesn't look like either Jerome or Bisbee.

bearman

May 18, 2006
On the S side, I am considering extending the grade another two sections E. On the N side, there is alittle more, but I don't like to start up a grade off a curve or a turnout. I might have to drop the tracks under the bridge per ocalicreek's recommendation and then lower the bridge accordingly. I'll probably check and see what a 1/2" maximum "ditch" under the bride will do.

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Jan 27, 2007
Paris, ON
bearman said:
I'll probably check and see what a 1/2" maximum "ditch" under the bride will do.

Maybe you should see how the bride feels about having a 1/2" ditch dug under her... she may not let you in the basement again! sign1

Dansco

Feb 26, 2007
I updated my latest design to make sure that the "continuous running" loop uses only OPEN switches. In other words, the "through track' on the switch is the mainline. This is my higher speed loop that Ill use for longer cars etc. Iv heard that running high speed through switches is asking for trouble.. lol.

Dansco