SSV Normandy

Discussion in 'Free Models' started by sjsquirrel, Apr 10, 2010.

1. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Hey gang,

I just posted a model of the SSV Normandy from Mass Effect on my website.
    Download here

I also posted a brief Blog note here

2. Daikhovalin

Daikhovalin New Member

Thank you very much! I have been looking for a papercraft Normandy for months. I lack the software skills to design my own, but your looks great. It may take me a couple of weeks, but I will try to post a pic once I finish building it.

Thanks again.
  3. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Looking forward to it

I look forward to seeing the pics.

4. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Oooo! Oooo! Oooo!

I just finished ME and have started playing ME2; and last night I was thinking...

"You know, I'd love to have a papermodel of the Normandy..."

And lo and behold, SJ delivers!

And ya know...

Picture Of The Week!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  5. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

You know that's not a build pic right? Does a render qualify?

Glad to see that the model is popular. She's a beauty of a ship alright. I have a mesh of the Normandy from Mass Effect 2 as well and will do that one one of these days too (it's already on the never-ending list of things-to-do-someday).

6. Vger1981

Vger1981 Member

WOW! This is great, thanks a lot! And now, Normandy2 please!balloon6
  7. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Unfortunately I'm too busy with too many things to make any commitment on a Normandy 2, but like I said, I do have it on my someday list.

8. Malave

Malave New Member

Thank you very much. Mass Effect was a great game. This is a definite must make. Thanks again.
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

very cool. havnt played the game myself but the ships and weapons are neat. congrats!
  10. Daikhovalin

Daikhovalin New Member

Here's my finished build. Please excuse my lack of skill (i'm new to paper models). Still, this thing is coolness incarnate for someone who is a big fan of the game. Thank you again sjsquirrel.

Attached Files:

11. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Your welcome, and thank you for posting the pic. It really is gratifying to see someone else post a finished build picture of a kit I developed, and from that one I think you've done it justice.

12. Vger1981

Vger1981 Member

Oh yes, we downloads more and more... our hdds are full of fantastic models.. But who can do it all! Who can resist to grab one more beauty! Normandy is going to be a hot lager to me! Thanks again SJ!
  13. marmeus

marmeus New Member

very good work you made here !!!
    thank you !

14. poroto

poroto New Member

15. didano

didano New Member

Nice work!
  16. Savion

Savion New Member

My son is a big fan of Mass Effect and especially of the Normandy!! Thanks for making this available! He'll love it!
  17. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Thanks to all

Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm always happy to hear that my efforts are appreciated.

18. MIIK900

MIIK900 New Member

Looks great, if I wasn't working on something already I'd build this immediately. Any plans on designing the SR2 Normady from ME2 in the future?
  19. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Maybe. I have so many things on my list though that "when" will depend entirely on the completely unpredictable convergence of countless life and cosmic forces. I have in fact done a bit of work on it, and have also made some improvements to the SR1 for proportion and such, but having accomplished my original goal other things appeared shinier, and I haven't even looked at them in months.

I'm sure that's not the answer you wanted, but oh well.

20. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I think it looks great. Good job on the textures.