Soundtraxx LC sound decoders

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by alexander, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Skammer

Skammer Member

I have an LC-100 sound decoder in an IHC Hudson with FOUR 3/4" speakers in the tender (two facing up through the coal load, two facing down through the floor). It sounds great, although I had to fiddle with the CV's to make adjustments. And it can be LOUD, although I don't usually keep the volume up that loud unless I am running on our modular setup in a big noisy area.
  2. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

I've posted the following comment before in reference to Soundtraxx LC series but here I go again. My Bachmann HO Shay that is equipped with a Soundtraxx LC decoder has warning labels on and in the box stating "Use only on DCC systems. Operating on a DC system will cause irrepairable damage to the locomotive."
  3. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

WOW! quite a heated debate! :eek:

Just get the digitrax zephyr! It's a good investment, and it has all the features a full-expense DCC system has, just in a more traditional (Throttle-like) package! :thumb: You can't go wrong with that! Also the Loksound decoders sound interesting, any more info on them?
  4. alexander

alexander Member

I've deceided to go with the NCE system, when your 14 years old without a job, its hard to get the 250-300 AUD for a DCC system, so, i am going with NCE

the alternative is the Atlas system. what are the differences between them?

5. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

WOW! :eek: The Digitrax system is 200-300 AUD!! yikes! How much is the NCE system "Down there"?
  6. alexander

alexander Member

somthing around 260-270