Short Stirling

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by peter taft, Mar 24, 2010.

1. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Hi Guys. It is with great pleasure that i share this W.I.P with you. The Short Stirling is one of the first Heavy Bombers we had here in the UK, but one that had very little respect given to her. This model was designed by Gary Pilsworth - and this is the only paper model available of this beautiful aircraft. The model is nice to build, and can be up-graded for your own personal pleasure. The Up-grades i made to this model was the undercarriage / Tyres / Wheels. The parts supplied do the job, but i wanted a little bit extra in there. Hope you like the WIP pictures and the finished model. Thanks to Gary for the wonderful design :thumb:

Attached Files:

2. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Stirling Continued:

Attached Files:

3. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

And the last few pictures.

Attached Files:

4. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

:goldcup:Great build of Gary's great model Pete:goldcup:
  5. Bomarc

Bomarc Member

Outstanding build Peter! The custom U-cart came out great, and your Stirling stands every bit the stork like the real deal.

6. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thanks Phil and Mike - means a great deal to me :mrgreen:
  7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Excellent job Peter and Gary!! I've always had a fascination with WWII heavy bombers, ever since I can remember. I'm pleased to see this one available in paper. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  8. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

You've done the old girl justice.

Cheers JTF
  9. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thanks Elliott and JTF, glad you like her :mrgreen:
  10. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Very Nice! Thank you for sharing your build.
  11. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thank you, and it was my pleasure to share :thumb:
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Hey, that models really nice, everywhere!!:mrgreen:
  13. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Very nice, very clean! :thumb:
  14. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Cheers Zath - Means a lot over there and here :mrgreen:

Thanks mate, pleased you like her too :thumb:
  15. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Hey Zathros! Nice to see you again. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

Peter, again, she's a beauty. Thank you for posting your build of her for us to see.
  16. JordanSteitler

JordanSteitler New Member

where can you buy the Stirling at?
  17. mchale

mchale beach boy

it is a free download not for sale
  18. Bomarc

Bomarc Member

As Mchale pointed out, the Stirling, along with all the other Gary Pilsworth designs, is a free download. AFAIK, it is only available in the "Aviation" section of the download area:

If you're already registered and have made at least one post on Papermodelers, you're good to go for downloading the model. Otherwise, upon registering, the forum administrators require that at least one post be made before getting download privileges. Usually, new folks post an introduction type post in the "Welcome Desk" topic area, but what and where you post on the forum is up to you.

19. bagpiper

bagpiper New Member

Super stuff. I was watching Peter's build and starting to drool - lots. sign1
    Now you have put a link up to it too Mike. Guess what my next build is going to be then?

Cheers Mike and Peter for your inspiration.

20. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thanks for giving the help to Jordan Steitler guys. Jim - Enjoy your build of this fine aircraft - another great design from THE Master Gary Pilsworth stables :thumb: