Seen any good structures to Model anywhere

Goattee

Feb 12, 2004
Walls, MS
Visit site
The ship

Belg; I don't kow anything about it. I saw it on one of those joak sites and it struck me funny. It had some kind of cute caption on it but i cut it off.

Raildog

Dec 18, 2003
Central Florida
naphotos.nerail.org
There are about ten or twelve of these pictures floating around the internet. I had them and lost them during a computer glitch. I will repost all of them for you after I get them back from one of the places I sent them to. My brother-in-law imports fasteners, most of it in multiples of containers. They thought these were interesting to say the least.

They have a few interesting stories of containers gone astray too. They lost one in the desert out west when it flew off the stack train. They didn't find it for a few weeks!

I'lll post em up as I get them.

Jerry

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Omigosh - and I always thought that containers were a modern, clean and safe way to transport goodies around the world! :eek:ops:

Must have made quite a bang when that stack of containers toppled over! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Better not send your Steinway concert piano across the ocean in such a box. (Use THE GAUGE BOX instead! :D)

Ron

Climax1880

Feb 13, 2004
At the edge of the woods
Visit site
Thanks guys. I don't have enough to do now and then you bring all these photos out. What are you trying to do, drive me crazy??? (I know, that's not a drive, that's a short putt!!)

Beautiful photos just filled with temptation for me to drop everything and start building. I'll finish this layout someday but right now I'm busy drooling over all those buildings just waiting for me.

Have a good day.

JR

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Yeah, some great looking structures at that, I do like the Papa bear photo, hmmmmm, me thinks.!!

Shamus

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
photo

Thanks, Chris and Shamus. I took that one in Troy, Alabama. The track to the left is the Conecuh Valley Railroad (former Central of Georgia). The track on the right is the CSX (former Atlantic Coast Line) main line from Montgomery.

I'll try to get some more pictures. There may be a place for it on my layout.:cool:

John L.
One-track mind

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Papa Bear's photo

Here is a close-up of the structure from my earlier post. The Conecuh Valley track passes between this building and the white building on the right.

John

Attachments

• mvc-010s.jpg
    mvc-010s.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 218