Seen any good structures to Model anywhere

nalmeida

Nov 12, 2003
Lisboa - Portugal
nalmeida.web.pt
Portuguese Structures!

Changing the pace little I bring you three typical structures that can be found in Portuguese railways. The first one it's a small structure in wich railway personnel control the passing of the trains (to check if the road passing is closing correctly)

nalmeida

Nov 12, 2003
Lisboa - Portugal
nalmeida.web.pt
This second one is used house where the person that controls this road passing lives, unfortunately, as far as I know it's going to be demolished very soon to make way for two other lines, one of them to be used by the new Ultra-Fast (r) trains. I'm studying the possibility of using this road passing as inspiration of a little diorama for the contest (See thread What do you all think by Shamus)

Attachments

• web3.jpg
    web3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 230

nalmeida

Nov 12, 2003
Lisboa - Portugal
nalmeida.web.pt
Folowing the trak to the south in the next road passing we have a similar structure but this one is abandoned since the road passing was closed. Modernisation has closed a lot of this road passings in the behalf of safety, other's were subtituted by bridges.

Attachments

• web2.jpg
    web2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 230

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
How about....

.... "The Big Shop" in Stratford Ontario. Long before the famous Stratford Festival, the town was a CNR division point and motive power shop.

Here's a shot of the interior.

Val

Attachments

• stratford.jpg
    stratford.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 203

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
That`s a great shot Val a scene we will not see again!!

I was at the McCowan Yards,, again, this time I paid John a visit and took some shots.
This is one that should be of intrest , a freight van on blocks being used for storage.;) :p
If you enlarge it you will see there is all sorts of "stuff" around the van!!

Attachments

• tmp00001.jpg
    tmp00001.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 186