Robin,(Matthyro) This hurts

Dear Robin , Letty ,and Kim,

My wish for you Robin is that you can or are home and that you may be as comfortable as possible and are able to cherish all the remaining time as you have , the wonderful lifetime that you already have. I think you have given to all model railroaders and people around you and that is the mark of living life.

Letty, I know all this is hard for you as well and I can't find any words to express my sadness to you.

Kim , This is hard on you as well but rest assured , and you know, you were broght up by one of the kindest men and sweetest mothers around. That puts you in very good shape for a lifetime of success. My dad is very ill and even though we had been apart for many years it is funny , I only seem to remember the good times. I hope all of you can do the same and enjoy all the remaining time you all have.

TrainFlowers.jpg

Mike & Robin Fifer
Fifer Hobby Supply

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Although I have never met Robin I too am inspired by not only his carftsmanship but his willingness to share his construction techneics. Thanks you for enriching our lives with your generosity.
I'll be praying for you and your family.

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Robin, you've been an inspiration to me, too. You've encouraged me here at The Gauge and showed me the joys of scratchbuilding. Like others have mentioned, I will never look at a cereal box the same way again. I'll be praying for you and your family. God bless you.

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
My apologies for not posting sooner. I've been watching this thread sense it first came up but could never bring myself to post. It's been hard reading this thread as all these wonderfully beautiful people posting tremendously great comments. Never met the guy myself as many others have stated who is generous on all levels and does some fabulous scratchbuilding. Now I can say "SAVE THAT CEREAL BOX!" just before it goes to the trash. You can build some pretty neat things from a cereal box and save money on having to buy styrene to scratchbuild.

As a reminder of the loved one's I've lost in the past and all to soon close together it's taken a hard toll on me and is apart of who I am today. One person out of many who I've lost who taught me how to cook, clean, manage, and take care of myself is still with me today after she battled cancer and lived to tell about it. My Mom and no words could describe how I feel about that and what's happening here. I'm also dealing with this with another fellow railroader who is in our club. With luck and hope I wish for this man to over come this illness and continue to inspire us with scratchbuilt talent. It's one of a kind just like him. This is sad news. Just hearing this news is rekindling old flames of sorrow. I give my humble sympathies and deepest regards to him and his family.

Charles