Robin,(Matthyro) This hurts

faroukstan

mhdishere said:
This is truly sad news. Like others here I've never met Robin in person, but I've marvelled at his modelling ability and above that he seems to be a truly nice, decent guy, a gentleman in every sense of the word. God Bless you Robin, you'll continue to be in my prayers.

I can't find words to add to the above. I, too, have never met the Man. But to someone coming from a country where this hobby is prohibitive and non-available (ast most times) an alternative had to be found (scratchbuilding). Robin is THE inspiration!!!

Muhammad Farouk S. Tan
Recipient of M.A.T e-pass No. 89, dtd 15th March 2002
Jolo Coastal Railroad (HO Scale)
Zamboanga City, The Philippines

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Those of you that have been long time members will remember that Robin, jon, Catt and Shamus taught me how to be a better moderator. This led, in part, to me accepting the Admin position.

When I needed a break from the daily tasks, I asked Robin to join me here at the top. :) He graciously accepted. I will be forever greatful!! Now that my wife is feeling better & I'm back - I asked Spitfire to take up the slack that Robin has left, since he has become ill....

This is the way a Bullitin Board should work, People becoming friends and helping each other in their time of need... We have grown into our friendships over the years and it does "hurt" when something like this happens.... :( :( :(

As always - I'll end with my favorite saying... "Robin, remember - people you have never met face-to-face care about you & are praying for you"!!

jcoop1

Robin, I will never look at a cereal box the same. Where I work they throw out tons of what is called chip board, it is just cereal board 8.5 X 11". everytime I see this stuff I think of you and of all the possible structures that you could turn this waste into. You have inspired me to think "outside the box" or should I say "what I could do with the box"

My wife passed away from cancer May of 04, this thread has brought many thoughts of that time back to me. For her it was a peacefull end at home. I hope that you may find peace and your family find some comfort.

Surround yourself with friends and family. enjoy your time and make the best of it. have no regrets about anything.

Peace be with you.

I have not talked much with Robin, but I have noticed his modelling. The cereal board construction inspired me! I have had a great deal of fun using some of his tips.
I lost my father in law this past spring to this type of cancer. They are in my prayers for healing and strength during this time.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
N Gauger said:
Those of you that have been long time members will remember that Robin, jon, Catt and Shamus taught me how to be a better moderator. This led, in part, to me accepting the Admin position.

When I needed a break from the daily tasks, I asked Robin to join me here at the top. :) He graciously accepted. I will be forever greatful!! Now that my wife is feeling better & I'm back - I asked Spitfire to take up the slack that Robin has left, since he has become ill....

This is the way a Bullitin Board should work, People becoming friends and helping each other in their time of need... We have grown into our friendships over the years and it does "hurt" when something like this happens.... :( :( :(

As always - I'll end with my favorite saying... "Robin, remember - people you have never met face-to-face care about you & are praying for you"!!

You are right Mikey. People he never met face to face care about him and are all praying for him. Ever since i became a Moderator almost a year ago i have gotten to know you all better. Robin is a great guy and a great friend. Yes it does hurt when something like this happens to someone close you have known for years. I am hoping for the better for Robin.

cidchase

Robin, it's a blessing that you have your family and friends so close
to you in this time. Thanks for your help and inspiration! We are all
keeping you in our prayers.

words

My largest regret is that I cannot think of words to express how I feel. I would never have believed it was possible to feel so deeply about someone you have never actually met.

God Bless you and yours, caregivers and loved ones.

Lynn

Gary Pfeil

When I saw this post last night I couldn't bring myself to reply. Words escaped me. Damn it, I'm just so sorry to hear this. Robin, I've always held your modeling and posts here in the highest regard. It is hard sometimes to get a feel for the person behind the posts, but in all your posts over so many years you've been consistant. I wish I could have met you, and am glad for the one or two private exchanges we had. I'm not an eloquent writer so all I can offer is that I hope your remaining time is pain free and spent in the loving company of those you hold dear. Bless you.

Gary

Russ Bellinis

Gary H Pfeil said:
When I saw this post last night I couldn't bring myself to reply. Words escaped me. Damn it, I'm just so sorry to hear this. Robin, I've always held your modeling and posts here in the highest regard. It is hard sometimes to get a feel for the person behind the posts, but in all your posts over so many years you've been consistant. I wish I could have met you. I'm not an eloquent writer so all I can offer is that I hope your remaining time is pain free and spent in the loving company of those you hold dear. Bless you.

Gary

Me too. I saw this post last night, and just couldn't put my sadness into words. I still can't, but I want you to know you are loved by all of your friends on the Gauge.

brakie

I been thinking what to say and I find myself at a lost of words.

Robin,Do know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..God bless.

shaygetz

Robin, you were one of the first to make me welcome here. I'm truly sorry to see you have to take this turn. A hobby is just that, a hobby, and I never forget my own mortality as I keep my beloved updated on the value of what I have and what items I would like passed on to family and friends. I know you haven't taken to this decision lightly and pray that whatever time God graciously gives you finds you surrounded by family and friends with no regrets or regards for temporal things. I know I'm far down south of you but if I can do anything, I'd be honored. Blessings, grace and peace to you and yours, BC

Tyson Rayles

Robin I'm a little late finding this out my friend and it is quite a shock! Suffice it to say you are in my thoughts and prayers, like Sir Prize we will pray for a remission. If there is anything I can do please let me know buddy!

DT1967

Robin, thank you for showing all of us what can be accomplished with creativity and cardboard. I'm saddened by this news and hope like everyone for a miracle.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

DT

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Robin,
We count birthdays, and anniversaries, and link the quality of our lives, and the sucess of our lives, to how many years we have "survived". Our yesterdays are gone, maybe not forgotten, but gone none the less. Our tomorrows are not promised, in none of our contracts is there any guarantee of tomorrow. So that which is left, this moment, is what we have. The moments where we touch the lives of others, are the moments which fill our own lives.
The lives you have touched number many on many, and your life is filled, and filled again. Enjoy the moments you have now, and know, there are many who call you friend.
I am better for having met you.
Pete

revandy

Robin,
May the right hand of our loving God be extended over you and your family in these trying times, you are all in our prayers. I recommend your loving gift be given locally, i.e. a children's museum, a local train group, where it will be cherished and loved.

Rev. Andy

Sumpter - You just expressed it THE BEST! - the way I would have liked to, and you found the words I could not. Thank you.
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

62cj5

A man is remembered for the things that he does. But if he has friends he is remembered for every. You will always be remembered

RailRon

After a lengthy break I finally found some time to surf the Gauge - and then I found this thread. It really hurt to read these news.

Robin, I am deeply saddened, and it is very hard to accept, that there will be no more of your excellent tutorials about scratchbuilding those wonderful structures. You have given so much inspiration to us all, and you freely passed on your little secrets without hesitation. I think I am speaking for all of us, when I try to express my gratitude for all, what you have given to us over these years. You aways gave good advice, when somebody wanted to know more. When I read your contributions, I always had the feeling that I was permitted to look over the shoulder of a good friend, showing me some new tricks.

The future is not ours to see. The decision, what will happen and when, is made by a higher instance. Robin, I wish that you and your family may spend the time to come in peace and love. Bless you, my friend!

Ron