Project Dropship 1:24 / Aliens

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
Little progress with the APC and some blínd steps...like thisone.:mad:

drop-progress-29.jpg

The front side angle is really wrong , if you look at the life size APC...there is barelly none in the nose section.

APC1.jpg

=>
the USCM TM is wrong again (or the blueprint was made for the (1:10?..1:8? APC model )

11l5rtd.jpg

one hour was wasted...
after some ....break I´m back with rebuilding nose section...:)
new mass for cutting..and modelling is on it´s place:rolleyes:

drop-progress-30.jpg

for better proportion the driver´s door was made:)

drop-progress-31.jpg

new side - front - nose angle is 4 degrees. Work is done within 2 hours (including those edge cuts)

drop-progress-32.jpg

...and finally ..front lights :cool:

drop-progress-33.jpg

..and whole thing in video capture from AutoCad.

hope that the video is linked correctly ;)

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The APC looks fantastic. I thought it did before but what do I know. ;) You video posted perfectly . All proceeds smoothly

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
work continues with the front turret ;)

rough shape.

drop-progress-37.jpg

Then I´ve noticed something...and I called " Shorter barrel issue"o_O
If you look at the pictures of after shooting wasted APC prop, you will see in front one gun barrel shorter than the other one at the turret.

apcbacklot7.jpg

at first i thought, that the one of the barrels is crippled because of destroing the prop after filming, BUT....if you look at the APC in the movie, then... :eek:!?

apc09.jpg

this disharmony was probably some sort of purpose of special effects crew.
(because of loading mechanism of each barrel maybe):rolleyes:
you can write your reasons below...Iĺl be glad...;)
anyway...I´m counting wit this anomaly in my model :D

drop-progress-38.jpg

and overall view - detail:cool:

drop-progress-41.jpg

drop-progress-39.jpg

and the whole thing...for now;)

drop-progress-40.jpg

Last edited:

biggusdoggus

Jan 3, 2014
Awesome work. I'm kinda hoping at this stage that you complete the APC before going back to the dropship - I'm thinking (selfishly) that'll be much easier to tackle, and give me something to do while waiting from the dropship. Thanks for the work you're putting in - the results so far are outstanding and very it's exciting to watch progress. I find myself popping into the forum daily in the hope you've added more.

Re the gun lengths, although they are "parked" - not firing - in the pics you have, could it be that they are intended to recoil one after the other a bit like this? It would be a short step from that idea to parking them one in, one out so as to speed up the initial shot ....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f7a_1295578208

biggusdoggus

Jan 3, 2014
one thing I noticed that I think you might have missed ... (sorry if you were coming back to this part and would have done it, or if you'd already dismissed it as not important, but you do seem to be fairly OCD about details) ...

On the gun turret, the thickest band, the bit directly below the two guns, is not a solid piece looking at the photos. It looks like it's actually in two parts with the split being about a third of the way up. I wonder if perhaps that joint is where the movement takes place - ie the bottom third of the band is the lower face of some sort of bearing housing, and that stays stationary while everything above it turns.

Hope that makes sense, apologies if it's out of place.

Work so far is brilliant - really loving the quality of this design.

Reactions: Cforrest900

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Dec 28, 2007
Czech Rep.
aliens.humlak.cz
biggusdoggus. I know about that. Ithough that this "stripe" on the turret will be done in texture because there is really small material mass difference between those two collars.:)
....Iĺl think about that.;)...this thing will be important in bigger scale of this model....we talk about 1:10, 1:8 scales...(in this time the model has no scale ...actually I building it in 1:1 scale with one thing in mind...this is a papermodel with paper parts and how can i make them after unfolding it into flat paper sheet ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
This is what I do. After modeling is complete I resize the model and unfold it.