Potash Mine Revisited

Discussion in 'Robin At His Best' started by Matthyro, Sep 7, 2003.

1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Thanks Robin, I found their web site and will check it out in detail. I'm sure there's something there that will work with my layout.

2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Do they know some plastics are not stable in alcohol? :D :D :D

Great work, Robin.
  3. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

I guess that's why they aren't back yet - perhaps they'll be back never again... <SNIF> :D :D :D

it's just beautiful to look at that looooong stretch of gently sweeping curves of track, together with that fantastic backdrop!

4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

After a lot of hard work the LPBs got the mine into production.
    Most of the potash will be exported by ship at the Port of Tayside.
    This scene looks SW

Attached Files:

• pm18.jpg
      File size:
      43.6 KB
  5. Matthyro

Looking SE.. I only had room for two domed warehouses. I do have a third and will have to find a home for it elsewhere

Attached Files:

• pm17.jpg
      File size:
      37.9 KB
  6. Matthyro

The LPB construction crew survived the brewskis ok , came back in an alcoholic daze and have gone on to the next site where a future industry will be located. Gandydancers are using the crane to help lay track.

Attached Files:

• pm19.jpg
      File size:
      42.1 KB
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Most impressive Robin. You keep amazing me. I love the sheer size of that building, as well as all the cool details and 2 domed warehouses looks just right to me.

BTW, you may not want to have those LPB's laying track so soon after hitting the sauce. Send'em home early and dock'em a day's pay!

8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Fantastic as usual Robin! :cool:
  9. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

One more great industry completed - and this in an inbelievable short time! Fantastic, Robin!

Of course the whole Gauge bunch is waiting for what will be next on the spot, that is readied by the bulldozers for yet another structure... :rolleyes: ;) :D

10. Matthyro

Thanks folks. Val the overall width is 54 inches and the layout is 24inches deep at this point. It's sure nice to have the space for structures like this.
    This photo shows the width.

Attached Files:

• pm20.jpg
      File size:
      36.7 KB
  11. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

That looks beautiful Robin. Great job.
  12. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Yey another superb industry Robin! These should all be in the academy, you are indeed a master!

13. Matthyro

Thanks for the kind comments folks
  14. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Very kewl. I had a potash mine planned for my original layout (plans have since changed); I had pics and everything of various locations, and I must say, yours is VERY realistlc. Excellent work.