Post Your STEAMERS!!!

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by UP SD40-2, Oct 26, 2006.

1. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hi everyone---here's a couple of mountain type speedsters:cnr 6060 and grand trunk western 6039

2. Twiget

Twiget Member

Here's my P2K 0-6-0 and my BLI Heavy Mike 2-8-2

Attached Files:

3. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Thanks, nkp174, the J-1's were the earlier versions of the NYC Hudsons.
    By the way, welcome to the Gauge.:wave: There are so many new members here lately that it's hard to keep track of who I've already welcomed.:rolleyes:

4. Isambard

Isambard Member

Here are the Grizzly Northern's smallest and largest steam locomotives - 0-4-0 No. 2 and 2-10-2 No. 5802.

Attached Files:

5. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

I Love Steam

As you all know I have a thing for steam. Here are some at Clifton Forge.

Lets see here I see an 0-8-0 and a 2-6-6-6 a 2-8-4 and a 2-8-2 you cant see in the round house a 2-6-6-2, another 2-8-2.
  6. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Les, do you have any L-1s? I love those...especially in their as "new" colors. I'm also a big fan of the early 600s...not the later ones as much.

doctorwayne, thank you for the welcome. I agree that the J-1s and J-3s looked good...whether in bathtub or dreyfuss shrouding too! I'm a nickel plate fan, so their's quite a bit of NYC influence prior to the Js.
  7. Eric Norris

Eric Norris New Member

Here's WVRR Hvy. 4-8-2 #322

Lt. 4-8-2 #309.

and 2-8-0 #123.
  8. lester perry

9. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

WOW!:eek: , theres some FANTASTIC looking steamers on here folks!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: **Wayne & nutbar, i swear ALL of your engines look like they are brass;) . **Les, i would love to see some shots of your BIG STEAMERS:thumb: . KEEP 'EM COMING FOLKS!:thumb: :D -Deano
  10. ChadYelland

ChadYelland Member

heres my big project,,, LOL maybe not the steam you were exspecting lol
  11. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Thanks, Dean, but the 34 is the only brass steamer that I've got. It's an older PFM model of a Boston & Maine loco that barely ran when I got it. I installed a new can motor, altered a few details, and gave it a paint job based on the steamers of my favourite prototype, the TH&B.

And just so she wasn't the only Mogul on the roster, sister 37, from IHC was added a little later. A few details were changed to impart a "family" resemblance, even though the IHC is a more modern loco.

Big power on the Grand Valley is a quartet of Consolidations that are at least the equals of the Erie Northshore's Mikados, shown earlier.

Here's the 25, passing the siloes at GERN, on a work train.

Number 26 at the Lowbanks shops. She recently survived a three foot dive to the concrete floor.

And the 27, the most-photographed of the four. The photographer caught her in Elfrida, not too far from the station.

Oddly enough, no photos can be found of the 28. She was the second engine on a coal train when Number 26 took her plunge, and was left hanging over the precipice: only the weight of the train behind kept her from falling.
    There is a Number 29 in the works, and rumors are she'll be a bit different from her older sisters.

12. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

I'm looking forward to it!
    Just a refresher...there were 6 L-1s...5 streamlined and 1 that never received the shroud. They were rebuilt from F-19 pacifics to pull a connection to the steam turbine powered Chessie. The 490 sits in Baltimore; it's the largest surviving hudson aside from the ATSF super hudson.

The L-2s were the 300s. They were absolutely huge! The had the classic modern C&O look of the Kanahwas and Greenbriars. They were actually built before the L-1 rebuilts, but their was already an L-1 class on the roster, so they became L-2s.
  13. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hello all---love those steam engines

14. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

another shot at the coaling tower---this time pacific 5588,consolidation 2747,and mogul 81 wait their turn

15. lester perry

* Don't get to excited. I only have a 300 series that looks good. I have a Mantua 494 that is a typical Mantua nothing extra. I don't run much passenger stuff have tried to get into it but not my cup of tea. Love freights and looonnng coal drags. Give me a 70 car coal train behind an H8 or five GP-7s any day.
  16. AndyWS

AndyWS Member

Pics are scattered all around The Gauge and I don't have any new ones (at college and away from the layout for the last 2 months) so I won't repost them here. I am working on getting some stuff on Youtube though and I've got a camcorder videocassette here with some footage of a couple of my steamers which I'll post when I have 'em up.

Here's what the Grovemont Rail Link (new and better name for the Grovemont Branch, since it's not really a branch but a very local through railroad) ran prior to the diesel era:

1 IHC 2-8-0, ex-UP
    1 Bachmann 2-8-0, ex-GN, model now dead
    1 IHC 4-6-2, ex-C&NW
    1 IHC 2-6-0, ex-C&NW
    1 IHC 4-4-0, ex-UP
    1 IHC 0-4-0, ex-AT&SF
    1 Model Power 0-4-0, ex-Southern Ry

These are "non-canon" engines but I have 'em anyway:
    Model Power "Mack Bulldog Express" 0-4-0
    dummy Central Pacific 4-4-0
    Another copy of the IHC UP 4-4-0, which was DOA so we had to order another one. I keep it in case any pieces ever get broken off the good one.
  17. interurban

interurban Active Member

You built that your self Chad..WOW!!! I love to see the live steamers in the Toronto shows.

Is that a British class tank engine?

SK ??Saskatchewan To far for me to visite.

You can post pictures like that ANYTIME for me .
    Thanks for showing this baby of yours.:thumb:
  18. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I love this thread! Great stuff everyone!

19. ChadYelland

ChadYelland Member

"interurban" I actually bought it semi finished from and old fellow,, im working on valve timeing, boiler etc. when i retire in 40yrs i'll build one from start to finnish LOL
  20. krokodil

krokodil Member

Here are my steamers (both scratchbuild in different scale:) )

Attached Files: