Photo Fun: Week of April 1st!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Here's my Entry...

A Brace of Niles Western SD60's sit while the sky darkens in the background before a storm.
TrainClub007.jpg

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Miles, beautiful enigine. I like the paint scheme.
Chessie, great shot :thumb: .

Two Baldwins switching in the streets of LA.

LA4.jpg

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
Miles: I love everything in the picture: engine, track, mountain, bridge.
Chessie: Great looking train, as always.
Kurt: Great location, nice engines!

Mommy, Mommy, my kite is caught in the tree!

Attachments

• kite.jpg
    kite.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 277

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
SWEET PICS GUYS!! Another AWESOME start to a GREAT week of pics.

Miles, that engine looks so COOL, I like the name to!! Post another of the side of the engine so we can see the logo better. :thumb: :D :D PLEASE sign1

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
A couple of infernal combustion heavies, an older SD-7 and a GP-20, make a rare appearance on the LC&P'S tracks...Must be something going on to have stepped on the steamers' toes...:D

Attachments

• HPIM0549a.JPG
    HPIM0549a.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 228

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
And the great pictures keep coming...hey a GP20 isn't that old is it?

I have no right posting any more pictures today after showing a sizeable amount of my diesel roster on another thread...but I've been working steady for a couple hours tonight trying to improve on my bland landscaping on the layout and here's what I have to show for it.

That GP38 was supposed to be slowing behind the factory but the over growth of razor grass obscured the sign to slow to 30. My guess was he was doing way more than that when he flew by. I was lucky to get the camera up and grab two shots showing the diesel. By the third shot, he was gone and very loud braking could be heard as he no doubt saw the 30/20 marker and realized his mistake. Good thing he had nothing in tow this trip.

Attachments

• Copy of P4010291.JPG
    Copy of P4010291.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 226

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Miles, NICE engine & pics!:thumb:

Mark, GREAT SHOTS!:thumb:

Kurt, WOW!!:eek:...SLAP OUTSTANDING!(all around;)):thumb:

jesso, NICE pics!:thumb:

Bob, GREAT looking steamer!:thumb:

Gus, THANKS, for posting your GP20!:thumb: i REALLY like your SD too:D.(your engines get my vote for the prize;):D)

Herc, NICE looking GP38:thumb:, GREAT looking scenery too!;)

jbaakko, NICE WORK on the Dash-9's and F3B's:thumb:

announce1 **OK FOLKS, as you may/may not know, the Union Pacific's "Rock Valley Sub" is going to be redone:eek:, thats right, i am ripping up 90% of my 8'x30'' switching layout, and going with something new:thumb:. SPECIAL THANKS to Kurt(cnw1961):wave:, and zachary:wave:, for stepping up to the plate and submitting plans for me to look over:thumb: THANKS GUYS!:D
BOTH had GOOD PLANS, but i have decided to go with Kurt's. over the next week, i will be ripping up 90% of the layout and start working on the NEW plan:thumb:. i plan on "back dating" the layout to 1969-79, by doing this, i can get away with running quite a few of the engines i have, and will be able to run about 80% of my rolling stock;). OF COARSE it will STILL BE the Union Pacific's "Rock Valley Sub":thumb:, and will have interchanges with CNW and the Milwaukee Road;).

THIS WEEKS PICS:
1- the KING of ALL 64 engines on my roster...the BIG BOY!:D(picture taken on dads layout)
2- my CNW RS-32(pictured on dads layout)
3- my Tower55 ES44AC(pictured on dads layout)
4- a FINAL over all shot of my 8'x30'' switching layout, Union Pacific's "Rock Valley Sub" as it looks RIGHT NOW:thumb:.
5- the crew of Union Pacific's "Rock Valley Sub" ANXIOUSLY waiting for the NEW changes to their Sub, and NEW operations;):D.

GREAT SHOTS FOLKS!:thumb: KEEP 'EM COMING!:thumb: THANKS!:D-Deano
4-8-8-4BigBoy.JPG
AlcoRS-32a.JPG
View attachment 36303 View attachment 36304 View attachment 36305

Attachments

• es44ac.JPG
    es44ac.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 205
  • rock valley sub.JPG
    rock valley sub.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 202
  • rvc.JPG