Photo Fun: Week of April 1st!

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by MilesWestern, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Here's my Entry...

A Brace of Niles Western SD60's sit while the sky darkens in the background before a storm.
  2. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Nice lookin Engine Miles:thumb:
    Here's Ore Extra 6936 departing Ramsey Yard

Attached Files:

• 36.JPG
      File size:
      54.1 KB
  3. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Miles, beautiful enigine. I like the paint scheme.
    Chessie, great shot :thumb: .

Two Baldwins switching in the streets of LA.

4. jesso

jesso Member

Miles: I love everything in the picture: engine, track, mountain, bridge.
    Chessie: Great looking train, as always.
    Kurt: Great location, nice engines!

Mommy, Mommy, my kite is caught in the tree!

Attached Files:

• kite.jpg
      File size:
      31.5 KB
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Nice shots guys...

....if it don't chuff, it ain't enough...:thumb:

6. jesso

jesso Member

Shaygetz, nice engine!

Yes, we would like to get married right away!

Attached Files:

7. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

SWEET PICS GUYS!! Another AWESOME start to a GREAT week of pics.

Miles, that engine looks so COOL, I like the name to!! Post another of the side of the engine so we can see the logo better. :thumb: :D :D PLEASE sign1
  8. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Those all are so great.

Any story behind the ASAP wedding we should know about?
  9. CAS

CAS Member

It's looking good for the groom. It dosen't appear to be a shotgun wedding.sign1

10. jesso

jesso Member

He's just hoping to get it over with before she changes her mind.:D And finds out that he has a huge train layout.
  11. Herc Driver

LOL!!! That's funny.
  12. MilesWestern

How about some more Photos?

Just look at all the things the Southern Pacific Local has do deal with! :rolleyes: A switchman's nightmare! :eek: This Photo was taken in Alvarado at the last club OPERATION session! :)

13. joesho

joesho Member

whats british columbia railway doing all the way down there?,nice pics all
  14. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

A couple of infernal combustion heavies, an older SD-7 and a GP-20, make a rare appearance on the LC&P'S tracks...Must be something going on to have stepped on the steamers' toes...:D

Attached Files:

15. Herc Driver

And the great pictures keep coming...hey a GP20 isn't that old is it?

I have no right posting any more pictures today after showing a sizeable amount of my diesel roster on another thread...but I've been working steady for a couple hours tonight trying to improve on my bland landscaping on the layout and here's what I have to show for it.

That GP38 was supposed to be slowing behind the factory but the over growth of razor grass obscured the sign to slow to 30. My guess was he was doing way more than that when he flew by. I was lucky to get the camera up and grab two shots showing the diesel. By the third shot, he was gone and very loud braking could be heard as he no doubt saw the 30/20 marker and realized his mistake. Good thing he had nothing in tow this trip.

Attached Files:

16. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hey Herc..

GP-20's...40+ years...
    Someone should try to keep that razor grass under control...
    What did you use for it..??
  17. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Man Herc, I LOVE that paint scheme! Got more pics?

My weekend work:

And some GN F3B's I'm doing as a custom paint job for someone.
  18. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Great pics everyone!:thumb: Keep me comin.

Here's a shot of the local, the "Wabash Flash"

Attached Files:

19. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Miles, NICE engine & pics!:thumb:

Mark, GREAT SHOTS!:thumb:

Kurt, WOW!!:eek:...SLAP OUTSTANDING!(all around;)):thumb:

jesso, NICE pics!:thumb:

Bob, GREAT looking steamer!:thumb:

Gus, THANKS, for posting your GP20!:thumb: i REALLY like your SD too:D.(your engines get my vote for the prize;):D)

Herc, NICE looking GP38:thumb:, GREAT looking scenery too!;)

jbaakko, NICE WORK on the Dash-9's and F3B's:thumb:

announce1 **OK FOLKS, as you may/may not know, the Union Pacific's "Rock Valley Sub" is going to be redone:eek:, thats right, i am ripping up 90% of my 8'x30'' switching layout, and going with something new:thumb:. SPECIAL THANKS to Kurt(cnw1961):wave:, and zachary:wave:, for stepping up to the plate and submitting plans for me to look over:thumb: THANKS GUYS!:D
    BOTH had GOOD PLANS, but i have decided to go with Kurt's. over the next week, i will be ripping up 90% of the layout and start working on the NEW plan:thumb:. i plan on "back dating" the layout to 1969-79, by doing this, i can get away with running quite a few of the engines i have, and will be able to run about 80% of my rolling stock;). OF COARSE it will STILL BE the Union Pacific's "Rock Valley Sub":thumb:, and will have interchanges with CNW and the Milwaukee Road;).

1- the KING of ALL 64 engines on my roster...the BIG BOY!:D(picture taken on dads layout)
    2- my CNW RS-32(pictured on dads layout)
    3- my Tower55 ES44AC(pictured on dads layout)
    4- a FINAL over all shot of my 8'x30'' switching layout, Union Pacific's "Rock Valley Sub" as it looks RIGHT NOW:thumb:.
    5- the crew of Union Pacific's "Rock Valley Sub" ANXIOUSLY waiting for the NEW changes to their Sub, and NEW operations;):D.

GREAT SHOTS FOLKS!:thumb: KEEP 'EM COMING!:thumb: THANKS!:D-Deano [​IMG] [​IMG] View attachment 36303 View attachment 36304 View attachment 36305

Attached Files:

20. MilesWestern

Hey Deano! Lookin' Great! Love that last shot! Did your dad sign on to the Gauge today?

Anyways, here's a pair of those $35 DCC equipped Bachmann 70tonners idling...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.