Photo Fun Week of 6/2/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went diving recently out at The Texas Flower Gardens 110 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico and passed by this really cool turntable R/R bridge on the waterway leaving the Freeport/Houston area. Hope this picture comes out well, first time posting...I think a truss bridge and a well-bashed roundhouse motor might just do the trick!!

Attachments

• bridge 2.JPG
    bridge 2.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 6
Catt: Nice trucks..Cool bridge scene.:thumb:
Brakie: More cool lookin shortline cars, I like that MA & PA car.:thumb:
Nazgul: Neat shot: Nice pickemup truck.:thumb:
Tomkat: Even more great pics.:thumb:
Scubadude: Neat looking bridge.:thumb:

Plenty of power on tonights Westbound Gateway 97.
HPIM0895.jpg

Track & Ties

"On your next layout you should paint the ties brown. It makes a ton of difference. Paint the rails while your at it. It looks alot better with brown ties and rusty rail.

The modeling looks great BTW.

-Smoke"

Thanks for the info!.....The photo you pointed out is an old one off a club module ...I did not lay the track but did the buildings & scenery....on my layout I did paint the ties & rail.

Here is some of the track on my old layout....

bo1z.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

Johnathan, i REALLY LIKE that scene!!!:thumb:

Larry, i just cant get enough of those AWESOME "odd" Road freight cars you have:winki: . GREAT JOB on the weathering on the Galveston car:thumb: .

STEVE!!!, FANTASTIC PIC!!!:thumb: the passenger train looks GREAT, and you did a SLAP OUTSTANDING JOB on that truck!:winki: :mrgreen:

tomkat, REALLY GREAT PICS:thumb: , the scenes and weathering look GREAT!:thumb:

Richard, WOW!!!:eeki: , VERY COOL looking bridge!:thumb:

Mark, AWESOME SHOT!!!:thumb: , you know the more motive power, THE BETTER!:winki: :thumb: :mrgreen:

KEEP 'EM COMING FOLKS! :deano: -Deano
DSC04104.JPG

Nope. That's pretty much my only one. I've got an old Bachman 4-8-4 that runs horribly and a 4-8-0 that bit the dust a long time ago. I took all the gearing out of it and now my 5 year old pushes it around his layout. I recently saw the performance of the Kato Mikado and I'm kinda thinking about getting one. Only problem is that they don't come DCC equipped.

Nice looking steamer,:thumb: but whats thats silver thing? It looks so cool!

Isn't that one of them galloping goose rail contraptions? I remember watching a special on PBS about their use on the narrrow gauge rails out in the Colorado area.

Yep, it's a Galloping Goose but its performance was nothing short of dismal and I have already taken it back.
I posted a review of it in the review section if you have not already found it.

WELL FOLKS, Friday night has come upon us again:eeki: , and so has the close of the weeks Photo Fun thread:winki: . TRULY FANTASTIC pics and work was shown this week:thumb: . THANK YOU!:mrgreen:, to ALL that participated:thumb: :mrgreen: .

As ALWAYS, i hope to see you ALL in THE NEXT Photo Fun thread:thumb: .
THANKS! :deano: -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.