Photo Fun Week of 6/2/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessie4155

Tomkat13: Welcome to The Gauge....WOW:eek: those are some awsum scenes....Why did you not keep it? It looks great, and nice weathering on your cars too..:thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
More AWESOME pics guys!!!

Deano,

I love that scene!! I like the first pic the best because I like how you can see that Southern Boxcar behind the dinner :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tomkat,

First, Welcome to the Gauge!!

Second, FANTASIC pics!!! I love that ATSF flat loaded with the new machinery :thumb: :mrgreen: :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen:

BTW, Nice weathering to :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Here is a quick little roll-by of my newest weathered rolling stock that I did today and yesterday. Its just a GP50 and 3 cars so dont get your hopes up lol

BN_GP50_2.jpg

BN GP50

Sigco.jpg

Sigco_1.jpg

Sigco Hybrids 55' Covered Hopper

L&NFE.jpg

L&NFE_1.jpg

L&N 50' Reefer

UPFE.jpg

UPFE_2.jpg

UPFE_3.jpg

UP 60' Mechanical Reefer

UP SD40-2

Mark, NICE SHOT of that GP39 & slug:thumb: i next to never see those slugs, i guess not many model with them.

tomkat13:wav: , WELCOME TO THE GAUGE!:wav: :smilie:
GREAT PICS & GREAT WORK!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

P.S. Where did you get that CNW RS-36 from last week's photo fun thread? I want one!:mrgreen:
CNWman, THANKS for the info on those CNW F3's:thumb: . as far as the RS36 goes, i get Atlas's newsletter, so a month before the engine came out, i pre-ordered it:winki: . its an Atlas Trainman, thats Atlas's bottom of the line...line:119: . to be quite honest, the motor is THE SAME as whats in there top of the line models:thumb: , the detailing on the shell is FANTASTIC:thumb: , the only thing these lack are all the exterior "extras", you know, grab irons, plows, etc. i put many extras on mine(see pic below), still, i could have done more:eek:ops: . they run SLAP FANTASTIC:thumb: , if you add the "extras", these are really nice engines:thumb::thumb::thumb: .

Josh, NICE WEATHERING!!!:thumb::thumb: i REALLY like the covered hopper the best:thumb: .
KEEP 'EM COMING FOLKS!:mrgreen: :deano:-Deano
rs32.jpg

CNWman

CNW Fan
CNWman, THANKS for the info on those CNW F3's:thumb: . as far as the RS36 goes, i get Atlas's newsletter, so a month before the engine came out, i pre-ordered it:winki: . its an Atlas Trainman, thats Atlas's bottom of the line...line:119: . to be quite honest, the motor is THE SAME as whats in there top of the line models:thumb: , the detailing on the shell is FANTASTIC:thumb: , the only thing these lack are all the exterior "extras", you know, grab irons, plows, etc. i put many extras on mine(see pic below), still, i could have done more:eek:ops: . they run SLAP FANTASTIC:thumb: , if you add the "extras", these are really nice engines:thumb::thumb::thumb: .

Josh, NICE WEATHERING!!!:thumb::thumb: i REALLY like the covered hopper the best:thumb: .
KEEP 'EM COMING FOLKS!:mrgreen: :deano:-Deano
rs32.jpg

You're welcome for the F3 info!:thumb: As for the RS-36, I found one of the exact ones (Atlas Trainman) for around $50 at my LHS. Sadly, that same LHS is closing this summer for :curse: knows why, and these things are $80 bucks usualy, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out of my current price range!:eek:

tomkat13

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I see alot of nice work.....looks like I can learn and sharpen my skills. I model CB&Q & MKT in EASTERN MISSOURI.

Just like alot of RR modelers I made some mistakes when I first started the layout and also I wanted more space between towns. I will still use most of the buildings but plan to kitbash or scratch-build more to give more personality. Well here are a few more shots of the old layout.

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0841b.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Kurt
Great start to the topic!

Chessie4155
Neat shots!

Ed
Neat!

Ralph
Cool looking locos!

Tom
Neat shot!

CNJ999
Great layout shot!

CN Nutbar
Great looking loco!

Deano
Cool looking locos!

Chessie4155
Neat shot of the gold unit!

Herc
Nice shot of that Amtrak unit!

CNWMan
Nice pics!

Tom
Cool night shots!

Deano
Great scene!

Chessie4155
Cool locos! I really like the slug!

Tomkat13
Nice set of shots and great weathering the cars and loco!

Josh M
Cool photos! Nice weathering!

Deano
Nice CNW unit!

Tomkat13
Those are some awesome shots!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
We went down to Castle Rock and caught the local switcher moving some cars from the Cement Distributor.

RDG_MP15_Local_001a.jpg

Atlas Reading MP15

RDG_MP15_Local_002a.jpg

Atlas Delaware & Hudson PS-2 Covered Hopper

RDG_MP15_Local_003a.jpg

Atlas Lehigh & New England PS-2 Covered Hopper

chessie4155

Trucklover: Nice pics; I really like that 80s coverd hopper:thumb:
TomKat13: Another set of great pics..That center cab is really cool:thumb:
TomPM: Another fantastic Reading runby..Excellent weathering:thumb:

Here's Eastbound #88
HPIM0875.jpg

UP SD40-2

tomkat13, VERY NICE SCENES!:up:

Tom, GREAT ROLL-BY!:up: i really like the location:winki: :mrgreen:

Mark NICE SHOT of the bridge:thumb: , my dad really likes your bridge:winki: :mrgreen:

GREAT WORK GUYS!:thumb: :mrgreen:
:deano: -Deano

Nazgul

I am completely blown away by the pics EVERYBODY has posted!!!!!!!! GOOD STUFF!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

photos372.jpg

chessie4155

Nice shot Catt.

Chessie - is that pedestrian bridge your work? Nice job.

Herc: It's not a Pedestrian bridge but an old wooden bridge, or as it said on the package, a Rural Timber Overpass ,for vehicles. They were plentiful around here for a long time, but theres a only a few left that I know of.
It's a kit made by RIX which Accurail used to make..
Rix Products     Pikestuff   Smalltown USA
He makes a lot of other neat stuff as well. I have several of his other kits on the layout, quanset hut, bungalo house, modern concrete over pass, grain bins, and a warehouse..I'm going to order the telephone poles , crossbucks and mile posts next.
Thanks,
Mark

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
nice module tomkat,some pretty neat stuff and nicely detailed.and i cant remember far back enough to see 18 cents a gallon gas!!nice pics.--josh

Status
Not open for further replies.