PHOTO FUN week of 4/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
I guess I'll start this weeks Photo Fun thread off:D.

I have been working on my layout, I'll post some progress pics later this week;). Here's a couple of my NEWEST engines, a GP20 & GP7:thumb:. i have done some research and found UP ran these on locals and yard use into the early 80's, since i have back dated my layout to 1969-79 they will fit in PERFECTLY:thumb:. the GP20 i picked up at the last show i went to, and the GP7 came in the mail today:D. i got the GP7 from one of COMBATS group buys:thumb:, i installed an MRC Brilliance sound decoder(#0001643)in it and did SOME detailing to it tonight:D. though i AM NOT finished with either of them:eek:ops:, i just couldn't wait to show 'em off;).

1- GP20
2- GP7

Lets see YOUR PICS FOLKS!:D-Deano
UPGP20.JPG
UPGP7.JPG

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Deano, I always enjoy your photos. That section of your layout looks great, as do the locos. Thank you for sharing, and for the inspiration. Perhaps some day I will be producing photos of equal quality.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Gary:wave:, THANK YOU!, you are very kind:). Honestly, the two pics i posted above are from a diorama i made. i have posted TONS of pics from my layout, and thought everyone was getting a little tired of the same old scenes:eek:ops:, so i made a diorama that i could easily switch scenes out on;). i am RIGHT NOW redoing my layout, the NEW PLAN includes TONS of NEW FRESH scenes:thumb:. I'll post them as i finish them:).

COMBAT:wave:, THANKS!:D ALL my P2k engines run GREAT:thumb:(that GP7 i just bought from your last group buy runs smooth as silk:thumb:). and for your last question, NO, on P2k engines when you convert them to DCC you DO NOT have to change the bulbs, P2k is very DCC friendly:thumb:.

PICTURED BELOW;
1, 2, and 3 are just SOME of the different scenes created from the SAME diorama. the desert mountains is an interchangeable scene created and sent to me by MY VERY GOOD FRIEND Steve(Nazgul), THANKS STEVE!:D

4 and 5 are from my layout, BEFORE i tore it apart to redo it:thumb:.

:D-Deano
UPSD40SN3288.JPG
UPGP30a.JPG
UPPATCHEDSD50.JPG
UPGP60a.JPG
SPC02746.JPG

N

nachoman

hey deano, those rocks look great. here is my contribution:

kevin

Attachments

• train.jpg
    train.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 265
  • tankcar.jpg
    tankcar.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 264

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Deano, after beeing late on last week’s thread, you made a jump start this time sign1 . Beautiful new Geeps. They will look great, switching on your new layout. :wave: .
Kevin, that trestle makes a very nice scene :thumb:

Here is a picture of my Geep.

View attachment 36565

Attachments

• geep.jpg
    geep.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 255

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Pan Am

This is an unmodified Microtrains car that was just released...but to me it has special significance. I flew Pan Am 727's a few years ago as a Flight Engineer (called a "plumber" to anyone that knows the 727 and it's antiquated systems). Pan Am is run by the same individual that ran Guilford Rail in the New England area. Exactly how Guilford obtained the rights to use the Pan Am herald and name, I have yet to discover. Being fond of history, I'm glad the Pan Am name is still around as so many historic airlines have gone away...although who'd ever imagine that it would be not only flying the skies - but on the rails too.

Attachments

• Copy of P4140360.JPG
    Copy of P4140360.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 244

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
Herc Driver said:
This is an unmodified Microtrains car that was just released...but to me it has special significance. I flew Pan Am 727's a few years ago as a Flight Engineer (called a "plumber" to anyone that knows the 727 and it's antiquated systems). Pan Am is run by the same individual that ran Guilford Rail in the New England area. Exactly how Guilford obtained the rights to use the Pan Am herald and name, I have yet to discover. Being fond of history, I'm glad the Pan Am name is still around as so many historic airlines have gone away...although who'd ever imagine that it would be not only flying the skies - but on the rails too.
They bought it, like anyone else can do with a trademark namesake.

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello everyone---great start again---deano,kurt---i really like those early geeps,they were classics in whatever livery they wore---herc,neat rolling stock---it would be interesting to see any motive power in this colour scheme as well
i'm including a shot of another geep (gp-9 #4822) with fm trainmaster #2900 crossing the maitland river on doctor wayne's Elora Gorge and Eastern

20032007063.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Great Pics Folks!...lets See More

Kevin:wave:, NICE SHOTS!:thumb: your foundation for that building looks AWESOME:D.

Kurt:wave:, NICE GEEP!:thumb: your layout & work is TOTAL INSPIRATION to me;):D.

Herc:wave:, GREAT LOOKING BOX!:thumb: FANTASTIC job on the weeds too;).

nutbar:wave:, OUTSTANDING SHOT!:thumb: i am so drooling over your geep & H24-66:thumb::D.

WELL, dad and i went to the LHS in Janesville today:D, of coarse we stopped by WSOR's roundhouse:thumb:. i took TONS of pics:D, i will post SOME of them in "The Real Thing USA" section of this forum either tonight or tomorrow;). I found a few "treasures" at WSOR's roundhouse, here are 2 of them;

PIC 1- a UP SW 1200-1500?

PIC's 2 & 3- OK, lets see a show of hands from those that use "Caboose Industries" ground throwstooth1...YES!, MY HAND IS UP:D. Whats that you say, "NO Deano, i don't use them, they don't look prototypical":rolleyes:. Hmm, sorry folks...YOUR WRONG!:eek:;) announce1 JUST LOOK AT PIC's 2-3, now if you took off the little green flag, you WOULD HAVE A REAL "LIFE SIZE" Caboose Industries ground throw!:thumb: We learn something every day;):D.

KEEP THOSE PIC's COMING FOLKS!:D-Deano View attachment 36575 View attachment 36576 View attachment 36577

Attachments

• UP switcher1.JPG
    UP switcher1.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 221
  • ground throw.JPG
    ground throw.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 218
  • ground throw1.JPG
    ground throw1.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 224

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Well Deano, I love your diorama bases. Great stuff.

Nutbar, I am so envious that you get to run on doc Wayne's layout.

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Excellent work everybody!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I think the best part of "Photo Fun" is just seeing how we all do things differently. I can not begin to count how many new ideas I have picked up here. The interesting prototype pics are great as well..........................nice to know that the ground throws on my layout are prototypical (but that's the only thing that is:eek:ops: :D )

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Here's a loco that I painted for my son, back when he had an interest in trains. ;)
2007-01-10487.jpg

2007-01-10486.jpg

The loco is a C-425, from Atlas, a model that CN never owned. I added some m.u. hoses and the horns and speedometer cable. Lettering, what little there is, is from C-D-S. In my opinion, this is the best second generation, or newer, paint scheme ever devised for any diesel.

Wayne

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Deano
Some great looking locos you have there!

Nachoman
Nice looking train!

Kurt
Great looking loco!

Herc
Cool looking boxcar!

CN Nutbar
Great looking train and shot!

Deano
Neat proto stuff!

PFS
Nice job!

Wayne
Cool looking loco!

Jesso
Funny shot!

Nothing from me yet. Been a busy weekend but there is still some time left.

Status
Not open for further replies.